What is the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router, EA2700?
The Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router N600 Network Manager, EA2700
is one of the latest innovations of the Wireless-N technology. The router includes the following key features:
- It is compatible with the latest version of Linksys Smart Wi-Fi, for easier set up and network management.
- Simultaneously broadcasts 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies.
NOTE: To make sure that your router is broadcasting a wireless signal for your network, check if your wireless network name (SSID) is in the list of available networks. You may also change your router’s wireless network name and password to your preferred settings. To learn how, click here.
- The new Guest access feature makes the sharing of Internet access to other wireless devices possible while maintaining maximum security to your home network. It allows you to provide Internet access for up to 50 guests.
- It has four (4) Gigabit Ethernet ports on the back that can provide faster data transfer on your wired network.
- It is inter-operable with Wireless-A, -B, -G, and -N network devices.
For more wireless bandwidth, the router can create two (2)
simultaneous yet separate Wireless-N networks, one (1) using the 5 GHz
radio frequency band and one (1) using the 2.4 GHz
band. For example, you may use the Wireless-N 2.4 GHz network to surf, email, and print while keeping the less crowded, Wireless-N 5 GHz network free for time-sensitive traffic like Voice over IP (VoIP) calls, online gaming, and high-definition video. NOTE
: Visit the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router, EA2700 product page
to read more troubleshooting articles, downloadable user guides or firmware updates, and other support information related to this product. Top PanelBack PanelBottom PanelMinimum System Requirements Top Panel
Ethernet 1, 2, 3, 4 (Yellow and Green)
- These Ethernet ports connect the router to computers and other Ethernet network devices on your wired network using Ethernet cables. The yellow light flashes to indicate network activity over that port. The green
light turns ON
when the local network port is connected to a 10/100/1000 port. Internet (Yellow and Green)
- Using an Ethernet cable, the Internet port connects the router to your modem. Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS)
- If you have client devices, such as wireless printers, that support Wi-Fi Protected Setup™, you can press the WPS button to automatically configure wireless security for your wireless network. To know how to connect devices using the WPS feature, click here
. Power indicator
- Stays steadily lit when power is connected and when a successful WPS connection is established. It flashes slowly during boot-up, firmware upgrades, and during a WPS connection. It flashes quickly when there is an error encountered during the WPS process. Power
- The Power port connects to the included power adapter. Bottom Panel Reset
- This button allows you to reset the router to its factory defaults. To do this, press and hold the Reset
button at the back of your router for 10 seconds
. You can also log in to your router's web-based setup page then click Administration > Factory Defaults > Restore Factory Defaults
Minimum System Requirements
- Internet Explorer 8
- Safari® 5
- Mozilla Firefox 8
- Google Chrome 10
- Windows XP SP 3
- Windows Vista SP 1 or later
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
Mac OS X®
- OS X Tiger 10.4.11
- OS X Leopard 10.5.8
- OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.1
- OS X Lion 10.7
- OS X Mountain Lion 10.8
- OS X Mavericks 10.9
After getting to know the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router, EA2700 and its features, you may now set up the router. Click on the links below to learn how: Different ways in setting up your Linksys wireless routerSetting up your Linksys router with Cable Internet service using Linksys Smart Wi-FiSetting up your Linksys router with a static IP account through Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account Related Articles: Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router, EA2700 Frequently Asked QuestionsWhat are the benefits of using a Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account?Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account Frequently Asked QuestionsEnabling the Logs feature using your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account