TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. What is the WRT610N?
The WRT610N is a Dual-Band Wireless-N Gigabit Router with a Storage Link. The router lets you access the Internet using a wireless connection or through one of its four-port switch. With the built-in storage link, you can easily add gigabytes of storage space to your network using USB 2.0 hard drives, or plug in a USB flash disk to access your portable data files.
The built-in media server streams music, videos and photos from the attached storage device to any UPnP-compatible media adapter.
2. How do I know that my router is connected to the Internet?
The router's Power LED should be in green and should not be flashing to confirm that it is powered ON.
• Check the cable connections. The computer should be connected to one of the numbered ports at the back of your router, and the modem must be connected to the Internet port on the router.
• If you are unable to connect to the Internet, try to repair your Internet connection. To learn how to do this, click here.
3. How do I access the router’s web-based setup page?
4. Can I use the DSL service to connect manually to the Internet?
No. After installing the router, it will automatically connect to your Internet Service Provider (ISP), so there is no need to connect manually.
5. Why can’t the DSL telephone line fit into the WRT610N’s Internet port?
The router does not replace your modem. You still need your DSL modem in order to connect to the Internet. Connect the telephone line to the DSL modem, and then insert the setup CD into your computer. Click Setup and follow the on-screen instructions.
6. How do I remove the Username and Password prompt whenever I open a web browser?
Launch a web browser (i.e. Internet Explorer or Safari) and perform the following steps:
Click on Tools and then click Internet Options.
Click the Connections tab.
Click the Never dial a connection radio button.
7. Does the WRT610N have a coaxial port for the cable connection?
No. The router does not have a coaxial port for the cable connection. Remember that the router does not replace your modem. You still need your cable connection to the cable modem.
8. Why can’t I connect my computer wirelessly to the network?
Make sure the wireless network name (SSID) is the same on both the computer and the router. If you have enabled wireless security on the router, make sure that the same security method and key are used on the computer.
9. Does WRT610N allow VPN tunnels using IPSec, L2TP or PPTP protocols to pass through the router?
10. Can I release and renew the IP address of the USB flash disk connected to my WRT610N?
No. When you connect an external hard drive to the WRT610N router, you can access the hard drive using the router's IP address.
11. Does the WRT610N have a computer system management feature?
No. A computer system management feature similar to a Syslog is not usually found in consumer routers like the WRT610N.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.
Stay tuned for exclusive offers, exciting new products and more.
Send me emails on the following topics: