What is the Linksys E1500?
The Linksys E1500 is a Wireless-N Router with SpeedBoost. It lets you access the Internet via a wireless connection or through one of its four switched ports. You can also use the Linksys E1500 to share resources, such as computers, printers and files.
A variety of security features help to protect your data and your privacy while you are online. Security features include:
• Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2) security provides encryption for data on your wireless network.
• Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) firewall blocks unwanted access to your Linksys E1500.
• Network Address Translation (NAT) technology protects and allows your entire network to access the Internet using a single Internet IP address.
The installation and use of the Linksys E1500 is easy with Linksys Connect, the software that is installed when you run the Setup CD. Likewise, advanced configuration of the Linksys E1500 is available through its web-based setup page.
• Wireless-N Technology
• 2.4 GHz radio frequency
• 2X3 Transmit/Receive function
• 3 internal antennas
• Guest Access and Parental controls feature
• 4 x 10/100 Ethernet ports
• Includes Linksys Connect Software
Ethernet Ports – 4 X 10/100 Ethernet ports. The green light flashes to indicate network activity over the ports.
Internet Port – The green light flashes to indicate network activity over the port.
Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) Button – You can use Wi-Fi Protected Setup to automatically configure wireless security for your wireless network.
Power Button – Use this button to power ON or OFF the router.
Power Port – The Power port connects to the power adapter included with your unit.
Reset Button – There are two ways to reset the Linksys E1500 to its factory defaults. Either press or hold the Reset button for approximately five seconds, or restore the defaults from the Administration > Factory Defaults page on the router's web-based setup page.
Minimum System Requirements:
• Internet Explorer 7 or higher
• Safari 4 or higher
• Mozilla Firefox 3 or higher
• Windows XP with Service Pack 3
• Windows Vista with Service Pack 1 and later (32 and 64 bit)
• Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit)
• Mac Tiger 10.4.11
• Mac Leopard 10.5.8
• Mac Snow Leopard 10.6.1
• Linksys Connect 1.3 Software
• Wireless adapter must support WPA/WPA2
Was this support article useful?
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.
Contact Premium Technical Support for assistance outside of the complimentary 90-day window, or for help with advanced features not covered by our complimentary support. Learn More
Stay tuned for exclusive offers, exciting new products and more.
Send me emails on the following topics: