TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. What are the main features of the Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E1500?
2. What default IP address, username and password are used to login to the Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E1500 web-based setup page?
3. How do I reset the Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E1500 to factory defaults?
4. What is the warranty period of the Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E1500?
5. How do I reboot the Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E1500?
6. Does the Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E1500 support remote management?
7. Is there an option to mount the router on the wall?
1. What is the default SSID broadcast of the Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E1500?
2. How many security modes does the Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E1500 support?
3. Does the Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E1500 allow VPN tunnels using IPSec, L2TP, or PPTP protocols to pass through the router?
4. Does the Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E1500 support SPI firewall?
5. What is Web Filter?
6. What can I do in case I forgot my router password?
7. What can I do in case I forgot my wireless password?
FIRMWARE UPGRADE METHOD
1. What DDNS providers does the Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E1500 support?
2. What wireless security modes does the Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E1500 support?
3. Does the Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E1500 support wireless QOS and Internet Access Priority QOS?
4. Does the Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E1500 support to transmit the log information to a log server?
5. Does the Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E1500 lose the settings I have customized when its firmware has been updated?
6. What are Radio Band, Standard and Wide?
7. What is MAC address clone and what is it for?
8. Can the IP address number assigned by DHCP server be more than 253?
9. What is Diagnostics and what is it for?
10. What is Port Forwarding?
11. Which dynamic route protocol is supported on the Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E1500?
12. What is Port Triggering?
13. What is DMZ and what is it for?
14. How many network modes are supported by the Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E1500?
15. Can I configure Guest Access and Parental Controls feature using the web-based setup page?
16. What software does the Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E1500 come with?
17. Is the Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E1500 compatible with satellite connection?
18. Does the Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E1500 support Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)?
19. How can I download the User Guide of the Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E1500?
The Linksys Wi-Fi Router N300 Speedboost™, E1500 is a Wireless-N Router that has four (4) Ethernet ports. You can also use the router to share resources such as computers, printers and files. Various security features such as SPI Firewall help protect your data and your privacy while you are online.
The default IP address is 192.168.1.1. The username and the password is admin.
There are two (2) ways on how to reset the Wireless-N Router to factory defaults.
• Hardware Reset - Press and hold the Reset button located at the bottom panel for about five (5) seconds then release.
• Software Reset - Access the web-based setup page, go to Administration tab > Factory Defaults sub-tab, click the Restore Factory Defaults button.
The warranty period is dependent on the country of purchase. For more information about your device's warranty, click here.
You can turn OFF the power first then turn it back ON or you can click the Reboot button when you access the web-based setup page under the Basic Setup tab.
No. It is recommended to place your router on the top of your desk.
The default SSID of the Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E1500 is LinksysXXXXX.
NOTE: XXXXX is the last five (5) digits of the router’s serial number, which is found on the bottom of the router.
The router supports the following wireless security options: WPA2/WPA Mixed Mode, WPA2 Personal, WPA Personal, WPA2/WPA Enterprise Mixed Mode, WPA2 Enterprise, WPA Enterprise, WEP, and RADIUS.
Yes. IPSec is short for IP Security to support secure exchange of packets. PPTP or Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol is a technology for creating Virtual Private Networks (VPNs). L2TP or Layer Two (2) Tunneling Protocol is an extension to the PPP protocol that enables ISPs to operate Virtual Private Networks (VPNs).
Web Filter is a feature that can filter Java, ActiveX, Cookies, and Proxy applications in the network.
In case you forget your router password, you may need to reset your factory settings. This will erase all the configuration settings on your router including the router password. To learn how, click here.
In case you forgot your wireless password, you may refer to your router's wireless settings using Linksys Connect. For instructions, click here. You may also check your router's wireless settings using the web-based setup page. For instructions, click here.
FIRMWARE UPGRADE METHOD
Go to Administration tab and select Firmware Upgrade.
Select the file to upgrade by using the Browse... button.
Click Start to Upgrade.
NOTE: Do not reset or powercycle the router until the upgrade is complete.
DynDNS.org and TZO.com.
The router supports six (6) connection types: Automatic Configuration - DHCP, Static IP, Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet (PPPoE), PPTP, Telstra Cable, and L2TP.
Yes. Before upgrading the firmware of your Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E1500, write down all your customized settings. After upgrading its firmware, you will have to re-enter all of your configuration settings.
The Radio Band gives you two (2) options: Auto and Standard - 20MHz channel, Standard channel is what all B/G/N devices use. If you select Wide channel for the Radio Band setting, then Wireless-N can use two channels: a primary one (Auto) and a secondary one (Standard Channel). This will improve Wireless-N performance.
Some Internet Service Providers, especially Cable companies, require you to register the MAC Address of the modem, router or Ethernet adapter of the computer in order to access the Internet. If you do not wish to re-register the MAC address currently registered with your ISP, you may assign the MAC address you have currently registered with your ISP to the router using the MAC Address Clone feature.
If you want to clone the MAC address of the computer that you are using to configure the router, click the Clone My MAC Address button. The router will automatically detect your computer’s MAC address, so you do NOT have to call your ISP to change the registered MAC address to the router’s MAC address. It is recommended that the computer registered with the ISP is used to enable this feature on the router.
No, it can't. The default number is 50.
Diagnostics is used to check Internet connect and application "ping”, "traceroute” command to check your network’s connectivity to the Internet.
Port Forwarding allows you to set up public services on your network, such as web servers, FTP servers, e-mail servers, or other specialized Internet applications.
It is compatible with RIP/RIPv2 dynamic route protocol and 20 static routings at most.
Port triggering will forward port based on the incoming port specified. Check your software application to find out what is necessary to enter in these fields.
NOTE: You can set up to 10 port triggering entries.
Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) allows one local user to be exposed to the Internet for a special-purpose service such as Internet gaming and video conferencing. DMZ hosting forwards all the ports at the same time to one computer. However, Port Range Forwarding is more secure because it only opens the ports you want to forward, while DMZ hosting opens all the ports of one computer, exposing the computer to the Internet.
The Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E1500 supports three (3) network modes:
Yes. To know how to set up the Guest Access feature of the Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E1500 using the web-based setup page, click here.
To know how to set up the Parental Controls of the Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E1500 using the web-based setup page, click here.
The Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E1500 comes with Linksys Connect Software version 1.3. To learn how to set up your Linksys Wireless-N Router for the first time using Linksys Connect, click here.
Yes. All Linksys Wi-Fi Routers will work with satellite connection.
Yes. The router supports Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP). However, you need to install the separate software on your computer for monitoring the port traffic. Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) is an Internet-standard protocol for managing devices on IP networks.
The User Guide of the Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E1500 Wireless-N Router with Speedboost can be downloaded in Linksys Support Site. Follow the steps below to learn how:
Go to the Linksys Support Site.
On the Select Hardware Version dropdown menu, select the hardware version of your device.
On the Guides and Information section, click on User Guide.
Was this support article useful?
Contact Premium Technical Support for assistance outside of the complimentary 90-day window, or for help with advanced features not covered by our complimentary support. Learn More