TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. What are the new features of the Windows 10 Operating System (OS)?
Some of the new features of the Windows 10 OS include:
2. What are the minimum system requirements for Windows 10?
- Start menu has been returned to its old spot in the lower-left hand corner of the desktop
- It brings some features from the Windows 8.1 Start screen, such as live tiles, and can be resized
- Cortana, Microsoft’s clever digital assistant on Windows Phone 8.1, makes the jump to computers with Windows 10, where she assumes control of the operating system’s search functions
- Faster searching in the Address bar using Microsoft Edge
If your computer can run Windows 8.1, then it is capable of running Windows 10. If you're not sure, Windows will check your system to make sure it can install the preview.
3. What are the different Windows 10 Editions?
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Free hard disk space: 16 GB
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
- A Microsoft account and Internet access
4. Can I access the router’s classic web-based setup page using Microsoft Edge?
|Windows 10 Home||The consumer-focused desktop edition|
|Windows 10 Mobile||Designed to deliver the best user experience on smaller, mobile, touch-centric devices like smartphones and small tablets|
|Windows 10 Pro||Building upon both the familiar and innovative features of Windows 10 Home, it has many extra features to meet the diverse needs of small businesses|
|Windows 10 Enterprise||Builds on Windows 10 Pro, adding advanced features designed to meet the demands of medium and large sized organizations|
|Windows 10 Education||Builds on Windows 10 Enterprise, and is designed to meet the needs of schools – staff, administrators, teachers and students|
|Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise||Builds on Windows 10 Enterprise, and is designed to meet the needs of schools – staff, administrators, teachers and students|
Yes. You can access the classic web-based setup page of Linksys routers via Uniform Resource Locator (URL) using the latest build of Microsoft Edge browsers.
5. Will the USB easy setup key feature of Linksys Wi-Fi and Valet routers work with Windows 10?
Yes, the USB Easy Setup Key feature is working on Windows 10.
6. Will Virtual USB work with Windows 10?
Yes, Virtual USB setup is working on Windows 10.
1. Is there an option to set the adapter to ad-hoc mode (peer to peer connection)?
Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 don’t show ad-hoc networks.
2. Will Linksys adapters work with Windows 10?
Linksys is currently working on a list of products that support Windows 10 and will notify you as soon as the list becomes available.
1. What is Microsoft Edge?
Microsoft Edge is the next-generation browser coming to Windows 10, made for easy sharing, distraction-free reading, discovery, and getting things done online. Features include:
Stay put and save time by entering your search in the handy address bar. You’ll get search suggestions, results from the web, your browsing history, and favorites right on the spot.
All your stuff are in one place.
Microsoft Edge is the only browser that lets you take notes, write, doodle, and highlight directly on web pages.
- Read with fewer distractions
For a simple and clean layout, select in the Address bar to turn on reading view. This will bring whatever you’re reading front-and-center.
When you stumble across a topic on the web you’d like to know more about, Cortana is your ready and able, all-knowing guru. Highlight the word or phrase of interest, press and hold (or right-click) it, and then Ask Cortana —she’ll tell you all about it
2. Where is the Charms bar?
Microsoft has decided to permanently disable Charms Bar for Desktop users in Windows 10. The Charms Bar will only show on touch-enabled devices in Windows 10. Desktops and laptop users will not see it in their Windows.
3. What is Cortana?
Cortana is Microsoft’s clever digital assistant on Windows Phone 8.1 that will be available for Windows 10. This intelligent feature of the OS assumes control of the operating system’s search functions.