Setting options may differ depending on the model of your Linksys Managed Gigabit Switch. If the images you see or the steps you follow look different from the actual page, here are alternative instructions/information.
To configure the Voice VLAN settings of the Linksys Managed Gigabit Switch, follow the steps below:
1. Access the web interface of your switch.
2. Click on VLAN.
3. Click on Voice VLAN.
4. Below are settings you can configure under Voice VLAN:
5. Click Apply to save the settings.
Under Global Settings, you can configure the following:
- Voice VLAN State: Select Enable or Disable.
- Voice VLAN ID: Sets the Voice VLAN ID for the network. Only one Voice VLAN is supported on the switch.
- VLAN priority Tag: Sets the Voice VLAN Class of Service (CoS) value for the network.
- DSCP: Sets the DSCP value for the Voice VLAN.
- 802.1p Remark: Enable this function to have outgoing voice traffic to be marked with the selected CoS value.
- Remark CoS/802.1p: Defines a service priority for traffic on the Voice VLAN. The priority of any received VoIP packet is overwritten with the new priority when the Voice VLAN feature is active on a port. (Range: 0 to 7; Default: 6)
- Aging Time: The aging time is used to remove a port from Voice VLAN if the port is an automatic VLAN member. When the last voice device stops sending traffic and the MAC address of this voice device is aged out, the Voice VLAN aging timer will start. The port will be removed from the Voice VLAN after the expiration of the Voice VLAN aging timer. If the voice traffic resumes during the aging time, the aging timer will reset and stop. The default is 1440.
The switch determines whether a received packet is a voice packet by checking its source MAC address. VoIP traffic has a pre-configured Organizationally Unique Identifiers (OUI) prefix in the source MAC address. You can manually add specific manufacturers' MAC addresses and descriptions to the OUI table. All traffic received on the Voice VLAN ports from the specific IP phone with a listed OUI is forwarded on the voice VLAN.
- Index: Displays the VoIP sequence ID.
- OUI Address: This is the globally unique ID assigned to a vendor by the IEEE to identify the VoIP equipment.
- Description: Displays the ID of the VoIP equipment vendor.
- Add: Adds to the list of settings
- Edit: Allows you to edit the settings.
- Delete: Removes from the list of settings.
Enhance your VoIP service further by configuring ports to carry IP voice traffic from IP phones on a specific VLAN. Voice VLAN provides QoS to VoIP, ensuring that the quality of voice does not deteriorate if the IP traffic is received unevenly.
- Port: Displays the port to which the Voice VLAN settings are applied.
- State: Select Enabled to enhance the VoIP quality on the selected port. The default is Disabled.
- CoS Mode: Select Src or All from the list.
- Src: Src QoS attributes are applied to packets with OUIs in the source MAC address.
- All: All QoS attributes are applied to packets that are classified to the Voice VLAN.
- Operate Status: Displays the operating status for the Voice VLAN on the selected port.
Find out more:
Overview of the VLAN settings of the Linksys Managed Gigabit Switch