Before you begin:
- Download the latest Linksys app.
- Connect the modem to the router using an ethernet cable and power ON the router.
The ethernet port that you will use for this setup will become the fixed WAN port (the port on the router where your modem will be connected). If you accidentally plug in the modem into a LAN ethernet port, the router will not have internet access and will have a solid red light. To fix this, switch the modem over to the WAN port and check if the router’s light turns solid blue.
Connect your computer to the default WiFi of the router. Look underneath the router for the WiFi name and password.
Open a web browser, enter "https://myrouter.local" in the Address bar, and press [Enter]. You may also use "https://192.168.10.1". If you have set an IP address for the router, use the IP address.
Depending on which browser you are using, you may come across an error such as the one shown below. For step-by-step instructions on how to bypass this page, click here.
To bypass this window, follow these steps:
- Google Chrome™: click on Advanced > Proceed to 192.168.10.1 (unsafe)
- Firefox®: click on Advanced > Accept the Risk and Continue
- Microsoft Edge®: click on Advanced > Continue to 192.168.10.1 (unsafe)
- Safari®: click on Show Details > visit this website > Visit Website
On the setup screen, click on Continue to Linksys Smart Wi-Fi.
To log in, enter the recovery key from the device and click Submit or click on click here to enter your credentials. If you haven’t changed the default admin password, log into the Linksys app, go to Network Administration > Change Router Password and Hint, change the password, and then log in to the web interface.
Click on click here to enter your credentials.
You will be taken to the dashboard.
Click on the CA link at the bottom of the dashboard.
Click Router Settings > Connectivity.
If the router does not have internet connection, go to the Internet Settings tab, and select the correct internet connection type for your network. Click on Ok or Apply. The router must be online first before you proceed to the next step.
Once online, click on CA Router Setup > Add Wireless Child Nodes, enter the WiFi name and password, then click on Setup Node.
Aside from the WiFi settings, Setup Node will also establish the following:
- Set the router’s device mode to master
- Set the router’s administrator password to the newly created IMDA password
Once the WiFi settings have been saved, you may now connect your client devices to the WiFi.
The router will become the parent node. You now are done with the initial setup.
- If you want to add wireless child nodes, place them near the parent node. Turn ON the child nodes, wait until you have solid purple light, then click on Add Wireless Child Nodes.
- To a add wired node, turn ON the node, connect an ethernet cable from the child node to the parent node, wait until the child nodes have a solid purple light, and click on Add Wired Child Nodes.
Once all child nodes have a solid blue light, click the Done Adding Child Nodes button then click Ok or Apply. You can then place them in other locations.
Connect a device that has the Linksys app to the child node.
Launch the Linksys app on your device and log in using your existing Linksys cloud account or create a new account if you haven't done so.
- If you have not associated the router to your Linksys cloud account, you will receive a message to add the network to your account. Click the Add to Account option once logged in to associate your router.
- If you are prompted for your password, enter admin. It is recommended to change your administrator password after logging in using the Linksys app. For instructions, click here.