Getting to know the Linksys SE2800
The Linksys SE2800 is an 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch. Its ports are capable of automatically detecting devices with 10, 100, or 1000 Mbps connection rates. This article will discuss the physical composition of the device, as well as its basic features.
These are some of the features of the Linksys SE2800 Ethernet switch:
• Plug and Play switch (not manageable and not configurable)
• Ports compatible with MDI/MDI-X cables
• Supports IEEE 802.3, 802.3u, 802.3x, and 802.3ab
• Full-duplex IEEE 802.3x flow control and half-duplex backpressure with intelligent port-based congestion detection and broadcast rate control
The eight (8) ports of the Linksys SE2800 switch are located at the back panel of the device.
Each port has a pair of green and yellow LED lights.
• When the green LED is lit, this means that the switch port is connected to an Ethernet adapter capable of Gigabit (1000 Mbps) connections.
• When the yellow LED is lit, it means that there is network activity taking place on that specific port.
Listed below are the other parts of the switch:
• Power Port – This is where you connect the included power adapter.
• Power LED – This will be lit up if the power adapter is connected to the device.
• LED Button – This will turn the LED indicators on the device ON or OFF.
Other Product Specifications
|Dimensions||7.56’’ x 1.18’’ x 5.83’’ (192 x 30 x 148 mm)|
|Unit Weight||10.23 oz (290g)|
|Certifications||FCC, CE, IC, UL|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4 to 140° (-20 to 60°C)|
|Operating Humidity||10 to 85% Non-condensing|
|Storage Humidity||5 to 90% Non-condensing|