Before you begin:
It is recommended to set up Linksys Smart Wi-Fi non-mesh routers using the embedded desktop browser.
As an alternative setup solution, you can also use the Linksys app through the temp WiFi setup. Here is what you need:
- Mobile device with the latest version of the Linksys app.
- Write down the default WiFi name and WiFi password located on the product label.
1. Remove existing WiFi router - What are you currently using as your WiFi network?
a. I have a modem (non-WiFi) and a separate WiFi router:
- Remove your existing WiFi router. (Skip this step if you do not have an existing WiFi router).
- Powercycle your modem.
- Wait until your modem has rebooted and go to the next step.
b. I have a WiFi router and modem in one device:
2. Connect and power on your Linksys router - Connect your modem or internet source to the Internet port on the Linksys router and power it ON, wait until the light on the router is solid.
3. Connect to the default WiFi name - Once your router is ready for setup, connect the mobile device that you will be using for setup to the default WiFi name of the router.
The default WiFi name and password are located on the product label. The password is case-sensitive.
4. Launch the Linksys app and tap on Set up a New Wi-Fi Network.
5. Tap on Non-Mesh Routers (if prompted).
6. Tap on Continue.
7. Check the box then tap on Next.
8. Tap Next.
9. Customize your WiFi name and create a password, the password is case-sensitive. By default, all radio bands use the same WiFi credentials, this setting is highly recommended. To use different WiFi names across other radios, tap on Give my Wi-Fi bands different names. Tap on Next.
Settings may vary by model.
10. Connect your mobile device to your new WiFi name, then return to the app to continue setup.
11. Create a router password then tap Next.
The router password will allow you to log in via a desktop browser to manage your router settings.
12. Tap Next. Make sure to write down the WiFi credentials and your router password. Passwords are case-sensitive.
13. Your router is now set up.
14. To manage your router from anywhere using the Linksys app or a desktop browser it is recommended to link your router to your Linksys cloud account.
If you have an existing Linksys cloud account, tap Sign in.
If you do not have an account, tap Next to create one.
In this example, we will log in with an existing account.
15. Enter your Linksys cloud account credentials and tap Log in.
You can also tap Create an account if you need to create one.
16. Tap Add to Account.
17. Enter the router password you created during setup. Tap on Add to Account.
18. Your router is now linked to your Linksys cloud account.
Additional Support Questions?