- WVC54GC Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the default IP address, Username, and Password of a WVC54GC?
The default IP address is 192.168.1.115. The Username and Password is "admin".
2. Does the WVC54GC support sound?
3. What is the Warranty period of the WVC54GC?
The warranty period is dependent on the country of purchase. For more information about your device's warranty, click here.
4. What LED lights does the WVC54GC have?
The WVC54GC has only one LED:
Power (blue) – It flashes when the camera is booting.
5. What levels and types of wireless security does the WVC54GC support?
The WVC54GC supports Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) 64 bit / 128 bit and Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) TKIP.
6. What operating systems can the WVC54GC are used with?
The WVC54GC is compatible with Windows 98SE, ME, 2000 and XP operation systems.
NOTE: Active-X 8.0 or higher and Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher is required for better performance.
7. What should I do if the CD is unable to find the WVC54GC?
You would need to powercycle the WVC54GC. If a network cable is not plugged in when the camera is powered ON, then the camera will be in wireless-mode. When you want to use Ethernet instead of wireless, plug a cable in and power the camera OFF and back ON.
8. How do I reset the WVC54GC to factory defaults?
There are two ways to reset the video camera’s factory defaults. Locate the Reset button underneath the device and use a paper clip or something similar to hold the button for 30 seconds. Or restore the defaults from the Administration > Factory Defaults screen of the camera’s web-based set-up page. For detailed instructions on resetting your Linksys video camera, click here.
9. How many cameras do the utility support?
The camera utility supports up to nine cameras.
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.