- Blinking Online LED on a cable modem
To verify that your Linksys cable modem is properly set up and is fully operational, you need to check its LED. This article will guide you on how to resolve blinking Online LED on your cable modem.
Checking if the cable modem is registered
Before you begin, make sure that your cable modem's Media Access Control (MAC) Address is registered to your Internet Service Provider (ISP). If not, contact your ISP for instructions.
NOTE: The MAC Address of your modem is located at the bottom panel of the device.
Checking the modem’s physical connections
- Coaxial cable from cable ISP – Connect the coaxial cable to the cable port of your modem.
- Power adapter – The modem comes with a power adapter. Plug in the power adapter to the power port of the modem and to an available electrical outlet.
- Ethernet Cable – Connect one (1) end of the Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port of your computer. Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable into any of the numbered Ethernet ports at the back of your Linksys modem.
- USB Cable – If you are using a USB connection, make sure that one end of the cable is connected to the USB port of the modem and the other end to the computer’s USB port.
Once you have verified the physical connections are properly set up, power ON your modem.
QUICK TIP: If the Online LED is still blinking, powercycle the modem and the computer.
Powercycling the modem and the computer
Follow the steps below:
Shut down the computer. Unplug the modem’s power cable and wait for 30 seconds.
Plug in the modem's power cable and wait for its LEDs to appear solid.
Power ON the computer.
QUICK TIP: Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) if the Online LED is still blinking.
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.