- WGA600N Frequently Asked Questions
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. What is the WGA600N?
2. What default IP address, username and password are used to login to the WGA600N?
3. How do I access the web-based interface of the WGA600N?
4. How can I reset the WGA600N to factory defaults?
5. What is the warranty period length of the WGA600N?
6. How can I reboot the WGA600N?
7. Which standards does WGA600N support?
8. What levels and types of wireless security does the WGA600N support?
1. Does WGA600N support SNMP?
2. Does a WGA600N support 802.1X?
3. Does WGA600N support Jumbo Frames?
4. Does WGA600N support WISH (Wireless Intelligent Stream Handling)?
5. Does WGA600N support jabber client?
6. Does WGA600N support remote system log server?
7. Does WGA600N support wireless MAC filter?
8. Does WGA600N support MAC clone?
9. What is Wireless Intelligent Stream Handling (WISH) and what is it used for?
10. What is Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) and what is it used for?
11. Does Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) support WEP?
12. Does WGA600N support RTSP, RTP multicast?
13. What kinds of gaming console does WGA600N support?
The WGA600N is the first dual band wireless game adapter that supports IEEE 802.11n pre-standards with up to 300 Mbps raw data rate, and specially designed for gaming consoles. The WGA600N operates in the same bandwidth spectrum as 802.11n/a/b/g Wi-Fi. Most importantly, it is fully backwards compatible with wide-deployed 802.11a/b/g infrastructure.
The default IP address is 192.168.1.250. There’s no username and the password is admin. If the device is switched to LAN Party in which case the IP address changes to 192.168.1.251.
Open your web browser such as Internet Explorer and enter the IP address of the WGA600N in the Address bar.
Access the game adapter’s Web UI (Web User Interface). Go to Tools > System tab and click the Restore Factory Defaults button. You can also press the Reset button located at the back panel of the gaming adapter for 10 seconds. All the game adapter’s settings will be restored to factory defaults.
The warranty period is dependent on the country of purchase. For more information about your device's warranty, click here.
Access the game adapter’s web-based setup page. Go to Tools > System tab and click the Reboot the Device button. You can also reboot the game adapter by performing power cycle.
WGA600N supports IEEE802.11g, IEEE802.11b, IEEE802.11a and IEEE802.11n standards.
The WGA600N supports WEP, WPA/WPA2 personal.
• Power (Green) - Lights up when power is ON. Both orange and green ON mean hardware error.
• Ethernet (Green) - Means Ethernet is linked when lit up.
• Wireless (Green) - Means wireless is linked when lit up.
• Security (Green) - Means success (client associated) or WEP/WPA/WPA2 security enabled. Lights up orange when there’s no security enabled.
To update the firmware of your gaming adapter:
Access the game adapter’s web-based setup page.
Go to Tools > Firmware tab. Click the Browse button, and then select the new firmware file.
Click the Upgrade button. Do not perform any operation while upgrading is in progress. The WGA600N will reboot automatically after a successful firmware upgrade.
No. WGA600N does not support log in any format.
Wireless Intelligent Stream Handling or WISH is a technology developed to enhance your experience of using a wireless network by prioritizing the traffic of different applications.
This is an optional technology meant to make it easier for home and small office network operators – those without an IT staff — to deploy secure wireless LANs.
Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) will not work with Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP). If you have one device on the network that only supports WEP, you can't use WPS — WEP use forces the entire network down to that lowest common denominator.
WGA600N supports any gaming console with an Ethernet port.
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.