- Linksys AE1200 and AE2500 Frequently Asked Questions
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is the Linksys AE1200 N300 Wireless-N USB Adapter?
- What is the Linksys AE2500 N600 Dual-Band Wireless-N USB Adapter?
- Can the Linksys AE2500 be used simultaneously on 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless network to increase bandwidth?
- Can I specifically set the Linksys AE2500 to work in either the 2.4 GHz band or the 5 GHz band?
- What is the warranty period of the Linksys AE1200 and AE2500?
- Why is my computer not recognizing the Linksys AE1200 or AE2500 wireless adapter?
- What version of USB does the Linksys AE1200 and AE2500 need to work properly?
- How can I get the optimum wireless connection with the Linksys AE1200 or AE2500?
- Are the Linksys AE1200 and AE2500 Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) compatible?
- Will the Linksys AE1200 and AE2500 work with a non Wireless-N router or access point?
- Will the Linksys AE1200 or AE2500 work on a Mac® computer?
- Does the Linksys AE1200 or AE2500 have a built-in wireless configuration utility?
The Linksys AE1200 N300 Wireless-N USB Adapter is a single-band Wireless-N USB network adapter that supports 802.11 b/g/n.
2. What is the Linksys AE2500 N600 Dual-Band Wireless-N USB Adapter?
The Linksys AE2500 N600 Dual-Band Wireless-N USB Adapter is a dual-band selectable Wireless-N USB network adapter that supports 802.11 a/b/g/n.
3. Can the Linksys AE2500 be used simultaneously on 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless network to increase bandwidth?
No. The Linksys AE2500 will only work on either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz. To find out the difference between connecting to 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz band, click here.
No. The wireless adapter’s band cannot be set specifically as it is dependent with the router's active wireless band.
The warranty period is dependent on the country of purchase. For more information about your device's warranty, click here.
The Linksys AE1200 and AE2500 adapters support the following security modes: Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) 64/128 bit, Wi-Fi Protected Access™ (WPA), WPA2™-Personal, WPA Enterprise, WPA2 Enterprise, WPA radius, and WPA2 RADIUS.
The LEDs on the Wireless-N adapters are blue. The link LED flashes when there is network activity. If the LED is not working make sure that the adapter is properly connected to the USB port on your computer.
When installing your adapter, take note of the following:
• The adapter should be plugged in to a USB 2.0 port on your computer.
• The adapter’s driver is installed properly on your computer.
NOTE: If your computer still doesn’t recognize the wireless adapter, try plugging it into a different USB port. To check if your network adapter is working properly, click here for instructions. In case you’re having problems installing or updating the driver, click here for more troubleshooting steps.
The Linksys AE1200 and AE2500 wireless adapters will work on USB 2.0 and 3.0 versions.
The Linksys AE1200 and AE2500 wireless adapters work best with Wireless-N routers. To improve your wireless connection, make sure that you have set your Wireless-N router’s network mode to Wireless-N Only.
1. What operating systems are compatible with the Linksys AE1200 and AE2500?
The Linksys AE1200 and AE2500 are compatible with the following operating systems:
• Windows® XP
• Windows Vista®, Windows Vista® (64-bit)
• Windows® 7, Windows® 7 (64-bit)
Yes. However, the Wireless-N adapters will only perform at the maximum speed that is supported by the wireless router or access point.
NOTE: Only the Linksys AE2500 would work with a router or access point that operates on the 5 GHz band.
No. Most Mac® computers have built-in network devices that enable users to connect to a network either wired or wirelessly.
No. The Linksys AE1200 and AE2500 wireless adapters use the built-in Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) on Windows XP computers or WLAN Auto Configuration on your Windows 7 and Windows Vista. To learn more on how to connect to a wireless network using Windows XP Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC), click here.
Setting up the Linksys Wireless-N adapter using the setup CD
Key features of Linksys Wireless-N and Wireless-AC adapters
Resolving Linksys Wireless adapter installation issues using Windows® 7 or Vista®
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.