Linksys Latest Tri-band Mu-mimo Wi-fi Router Delivers High Speed Wireless for Families With Heavy Internet Usage
New AC4000 Wireless Router Delivers the Latest Wi-Fi Technology with New Features that Help Families Get More Performance from their Internet Connection
Playa Vista, CA – May 11, 2017– Linksys, a leader in networking solutions for the home and business and the first to ship 100 million routers, today announced, it is shipping its new 802.11ac Tri-Band MU-MIMO Router. The Linksys Max-Stream™ EA9300 is an AC4000 MU-MIMO Tri-Band router delivering wireless speeds up to 4Gbps* for simultaneous downloading, streaming, gaming and surfing. Offering MU-MIMO (Multi-User, Multiple-Input, Multiple Output), the next generation Wi-Fi 802.11ac Wave 2 technology, helps improve overall performance and efficiency of a Wi-Fi network while providing dedicated bandwidth to MU-MIMO capable client devices as if they have their own dedicated router. Linksys offers the largest and broadest portfolio of MU-MIMO Wi-Fi solutions on the market.
“Our latest AC4000 Max-Stream MU-MIMO Tri-band router features blazing-fast Wi-Fi speeds up to 4Gbps, MU-MIMO technology, six high-gain antennas and three radios (one 2.4Ghz and two 5GHz) which helps eliminate buffering or lag for movie streamers and gamers when everyone in the household is on the Wi-Fi network, said Justin Doucette, senior director, product management at Linksys. “With upcoming new features such as Dual WAN capabilities, Link Aggregation or DFS, this router can work well for the most demanding home networks for super-fast video streaming and data backup or for work from home users that need a VPN connection to the office network for a more secure remote access connection.”
Linksys Max-Stream™ AC4000 MU-MIMO Tri-Band Router (EA9300)
The Linksys Max-Stream AC4000 MU-MIMO Tri-Band Router is outfitted with Next Gen AC Wi-Fi technologies such as Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) and Tri-Band that work in concert to deliver powerful Wi-Fi at the same time and same speed to multiple connected devices including TVs, gaming consoles, wireless printers, laptops plus others at combined speeds up to 4 Gbps*. The Linksys Max-Stream AC4000 provides easy setup options to get a home office up and running quickly along with the exclusive Linksys app that provides added control of the EA9300 Wi-Fi Router from anywhere at any time using a mobile device. The Max-Stream EA9300 Wi-Fi Router also features a robust set of advanced offerings:
- Tri-Band AC4000 (3x3x3) – Up to 4 Gbps Max combined - 2x 1625 Gbps (5GHz) + 750 Mbps (2.4GHz) †
- MU-MIMO 802.11AC Wave 2 technology for simultaneous 4K Streaming on multiple devices at the same time
- Quad-Core 1.8GHz CPU with three offload processors provide the fastest processing speed.
- Airtime Fairness - Allows faster devices to have more airtime than slower devices
- Auto Firmware Updates - Linksys automatically pushes the software update to the router overnight and seamlessly brings the latest features and security to a home network
- Amazon Alexa support - Three new skills including turning guest access on and off, obtaining guest Wi-Fi credentials, as well as getting main network credentials read back to the user.
- Linksys App lets users monitor and control their home Wi-Fi from anywhere on their mobile device
- Advanced Beamforming - Beamforming technology helps reduce and maximize the Wi-Fi performance and coverage for both 2.4 and 5GHz bands.
- SmartConnect Band Steering – Band steering balances your 5GHz Wi-Fi connections and intelligently choose the best radio band for your devices for the best Wi-Fi performance on your network
- Seamless Roaming± - Technology provides Room-to-Room Wi-Fi with one network name when paired with a Max-Stream Range Extender (RE7000)
- Active Antennas - Six active high performance antennas with 9x High Power Amplifiers help to provide optimal coverage and maximum signal strength
- Gigabit Ports - Five Gigabit Ethernet ports (4 LAN + 1 WAN)
- USB 3.0 Port - Connect shared network storage devices and printers
- Network Security - SPI Firewall and DoS Protection provide the best in class network security
Upcoming features (via automatic firmware update)
- Dual WAN - Dual WAN can aggregate the bandwidths of two WAN connections to achieve a higher Internet bandwidth greater than 1Gbps
- Advanced Band Steering - Auto select the most appropriate band between 2.4 and 5Ghz for client devices to achieve the best Wi-Fi performance
- DFS Channels Support - DFS (Dynamic Frequency Selection) will provide up to four times more channels within the 5GHz band helping to improve the internet speed with less traffic congestion. This feature can help users achieve true lag free 4K content streaming
- OpenVPN Server - VPN feature allows users too remotely and securely access resources shared within their home local area network
The Linksys AC4000 MU-MIMO Tri-Band Router (EA9300) is available immediately at select retailers nationwide for an MSRP of $379.99 CAD.
The Linksys brand has pioneered wireless connectivity since its inception in 1988 with its leading innovation and engineering strategies, and best-in-class technology, design, and customer service. Linksys enables a connected lifestyle for people at home, at work and on the move, and with its award-winning products, simplifies home control, entertainment, security and Internet access through innovative features and a growing application and partner ecosystem. For more information, visit linksys.com, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or watch us on YouTube.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Actual performance may vary, including lower wireless network capacity, data throughput rate, range, and coverage. Performance depends upon many factors, conditions and variables, including products used, interference, and other adverse conditions. An active, customer-purchased Internet Service Provider broadband account is required for connection of this router and other connected computers and devices to the Internet. Some devices may require additional wireless adapters or an Ethernet cable to connect to this router. Maximum performance derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. An 802.11ac adapter may be needed to achieve 11ac data rates. In order to achieve the best performance, router must be used with a compatible AC1625 wireless device.
*The standard transmission rates—750 Mbps or 1625 Mbps (for 5 GHz), and 750 Mbps (for 2.4 GHz),are the physical data rates. Actual data throughput will be lower and may depend on the mix of wireless products used and external factors.
±Seamless Roaming is designed for devices that support the 802.11k standard, including but not limited to, iPhone (4s and later), iPad Pro, iPad Air and later, iPad mini and later, iPad (3rd generation and later), iPod touch (5th generation and later), Samsung S4 (Android 4.2.2/4.4.2), Samsung S5 (Android 4.4.2), and Samsung S6 (Android 5.0.2). For more information on other supported devices, please check with your device manufacturer. Seamless Roaming may require the latest Max-Stream firmware. Please check the support page of your Max-Stream router for more details.
© 2017 Belkin International, Inc. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.