Linksys Tri-Band MU-MIMO Router is the Best Performing Wi-Fi Router on the Market
Tolly Report Shows the Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Router provides:
- Up to 57% greater individual client throughput in line-of-sight tests
- Up to 40% greater aggregate throughput in line-of-sight tests
- Up to 36% faster per client average client throughput in mixed distance/floor tests.
Playa Vista, CA – Aug 9, 2016– Linksys®, a leader in networking solutions for the home and business and the first to ship 100 million routers, today announced new Tolly Report test results on MU-MIMO Tri-Band 4x4 routers. A recent performance study conducted by The Tolly Group shows the Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit Router outperformed competition with far superior numbers on both multi-client line-of-sight and multi-client distance tests. Results show the Linksys EA9500 is the fastest router on the market with incredible speeds up to 57% faster over other comparative Tri-Band MU-MIMO Routers from Asus®, Netgear® and TP-Link®.
“We’ve pioneered the home router and know what it takes to make the best performing Wi-Fi routers on the market which includes the best components, antenna design, board layout, software and overall design of the router,” said Mike Chen, vice president of product management at Linksys. “The Tolly Report provides third party affirmation of what we put into our routers to make them the best performing with the value and experience customers demand in today’s Wi-F intensive world.”
To view the complete Tolly Group report, visit: http://tolly.com/Docdetail.aspx?Docnumber=216133.
Media also provide high praise in performance resulting in multiple awards on the EA9500 including CNet, Digital Trends, Gadget Review, TweakTown, and WeGotServed,
- "The EA9500 blew away the competition in real-word testing" – CNet (May 25, 2016)
- "It (EA9500) topped our charts in everything from LAN to LAN throughput, through 2.4GHz and 5GHz performance, and even into storage performance" – TweakTown (July 2016)
- "The EA9500 is certainly a formidable device and makes it to the shortlist for anyone wanting the latest and greatest home router" WeGotServed (July 2016)
- "The Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream MU-MIMO Tri-Band AC5400 Wi-Fi router may be a hyphenated heck of a mouthful to say out loud, but it’s also a powerful, feature-rich router that leaves most of the competition in the dust"- Gadget Review (July 2016)
- "Powerful, fast, and covering a wide range, the EA9500 is the best consumer router on the market right now" – Digital Trends (June 17, 2016)
- Best Performance Award Best of CES 2016 Winner- Network World (Jan. 2016)
- Editors’ Choice – Digital Trends (June 2016)
- Best Performance Award – TweakTown (July 2016)
- Approved Award – We Got Served (July 2016)
The average home has more than 8 devices connecting to the Internet ˡ, and they’re not used for just sending emails and tweets. More and more home Wi-Fi users are streaming 4K movies and TV shows, video chatting with friends and family, and playing video games against competitors around the globe, all on different devices and often at the same time. MU-MIMO technology helps provide better overall performance and coverage for each of the devices simultaneously. This helps enhance the users’ experience so they won’t see that buffering icon when streaming a movie or listening to choppy music or worse, playing games with lag. Even if users aren’t heavily consuming Wi-Fi today, MU-MIMO routers, range extenders and adapters are ideal for future proofing the Wi-Fi network so when more devices are added at a later time, the EA9500 will be more than ready to support them.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit Router (EA9500)
The Linksys EA9500 is outfitted with Next Gen AC Wi-Fi technology, MU-MIMO, Tri-Band and eight high-powered external antennas that work in concert to deliver powerful Wi-Fi at combined speeds up to 5.3 Gbps‡. As one of the most powerful Wi-Fi routers in the market, the Linksys Max-Stream AC5400 provides business grade functionality to get your home or small office up and running quickly along with the exclusive newly updated and designed Linksys Smart Wi-Fi software app for your smart phone that provides remote access control of the EA9500 Wi-Fi Router from anywhere, at any time. EA9500 Wi-Fi Router also features a robust set of advanced offerings:
- 1.4 GHz Dual Core Processor
- Tri-Band Wireless AC5400 (1000 Mbps 2.4Ghz + 2166 Mbps 5Ghz + 2166 Mbps 5GHz) ‡
- The Latest Wi-Fi Standard – 802.11ac Wave 2 includes MU-MIMO
- Room-to-Room Wi-Fi with Seamless Roaming Technology
- 9 Gigabit Ethernet ports (8 LAN, 1 WAN) and USB 3.0, 2.0 ports
- 8 external antennas for maximum coverage
- First router capable of supporting up to 8 simultaneous MU-MIMO Streams*
- WPA2 encryption and SPI firewall help keep your network safely connected
- Linksys Smart Wi-Fi app for simple set up, remote access, control and troubleshooting
- Video on the EA9500 can be seen here
Linksys has the largest portfolio of MU-MIMO solutions include the EA7500, EA8500, EA9500 routers as well as the RE7000 MU-MIMO range extender and WUSB6100M MU-MIMO USB adapter.
The Linksys AC5400 Tri-Band MU-MIMO Router (EA9500) is available now at select retailers across Canada for an MSRP $499.00 CAD.
About The Tolly Group
The Tolly Group is the industry's leading provider of third-party testing and validation services for IT products, services and components. Tolly’s expertise spans wireless, storage, virtualization/ thin clients, switching, security (including but not limited to: endpoint security, NAC, mobile security, backup and recovery and deduplication), networking, and cloud services. For more information, please visit www.tolly.com.
The Linksys brand has pioneered wireless connectivity since its inception in 1988 with its leading innovation and engineering strategies, and best-in-class technology, design, and customer service. Linksys enables a connected lifestyle for people at home, at work and on the move, and with its award-winning products, simplifies home control, entertainment, security and Internet access through innovative features and a growing application and partner ecosystem. Linksys is part of Belkin International. For more information, visit linksys.com, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or watch us on YouTube.
ˡ IDC InfoBrief, sponsored by Linksys, titled The Home Network, the Neglected Workhorse
‡Maximum performance derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual performance may vary, including lower wireless network capacity, data throughput rate, range and coverage. Performance depends upon many factors, conditions and variables, including products used, interference and other adverse conditions. Specifications are subject to change without notice. An active, customer-purchased Internet Service Provider broadband account is required for connection of these routers and other connected computers and devices to the Internet. Some devices may require additional wireless adapters or an Ethernet cable to connect to these routers.
The standard transmission rates—2166 Mbps (for 5 GHz) + 2166 Mbps (for 5 GHz) and 1000 Mbps (for 2.4 GHz)—are the physical data rates. Actual data throughput will be lower and may depend on the mix of wireless products used and external factors.
*A firmware download will be required for the EA9500 to include 8 simultaneous streams – which is planned for release later this summer.
© 2016 Belkin International, Inc. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.