After successfully changing your computers' Workgroup name and enabling sharing on your folders, you can now enable file sharing on your computers.
If you haven't set a Workgroup name for your computers and shared your folders, click on the links below before proceeding to the steps in this article.
Changing the Workgroup name of a Windows-based computer
Sharing a folder using a Windows-based computer
1. Click the Windows icon and type in "Settings" in the Search field.
2. Select Network & internet, then click on Advanced network settings.
3. Click on Advanced sharing settings.
4. Turn ON Network discovery on both Private and Public networks.
5. Under all networks click the dropdown icon then turn ON Public folder sharing.
1. Click the Search icon on the system tray.
2. Enter "settings" in the Search field and click Settings on the match results.
3. Select Network & Internet.
4. Select Ethernet.
5. Click HomeGroup.
6. Select the Change advanced sharing settings option.
7. Select Turn on network discovery and Turn on file and printer sharing options.
8. Click the chevron button to expand All Networks.
9. Under Public folder sharing, click Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can readand write files in the Public folders.
10. Click the button. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, enter the password or provide confirmation.