- Smart Wi-Fi
- IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Data rate PHY speed 450 Mbps (Per band)
- Dual-Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz)
- 3 x 3 MIMO
- Guest Network (Each band) – up to 50 guests with five (5) as default
- 4 x 10/100/1000 Mbps LAN ports
- 1 x 10/100/1000 Mbps WAN Port
- 1 x USB 2.0 port – Virtual Printing, DLNA Media Server, Storage
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista with Service Pack 1 or later
- Windows XP with Service Pack 3
- Mavericks 10.9
- Mountain Lion 10.8
- Lion 10.7
- Snow Leopard 10.6.1
- Leopard 10.5.8 or later
Browser (for Smart Setup and web interface configuration)
- Internet Explorer 8 or higher
- Mozilla Firefox 8 or higher
- Google Chrome
- Safari® 5 (for Mac) or higher
Setup/Web-based Setup Page
The EA4500 v3 includes the Smart Setup which is similar to Smart Wi-Fi routers but there are two (2) features added:
- Clear Device List button – Clears all device information and reboots the router. If the Device List is corrupted or overloaded with devices that are no longer there, you can click on this button.
- Wireless Widget Toggle ON/OFF switch – The switch disables or enables a radio for each band.
NOTE: You need to change the Security mode to WPA2 Personal if you only want to use the Wireless-N network. For steps on how to do this, click here.
Only the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi App is supported.
The firmware is available via Auto-Update or via the EA4500 v3’s product page. There is no desktop Setup software but you can use Linksys Smart Wi-Fi mobile app instead.
EA4500 v3 Frequently Asked Questions
EA4500 v3 LED behavior
Product comparison chart between EA4500 v1 and EA4500 v3