Getting to know the WUSB54GC
The WUSB54GC is a compact Wireless-G USB adapter that connects your computer to a wireless network. This adapter also lets you connect to any public wireless hotspots in places such as coffee shops, airports, hotels, and convention centers. This article will show you the features of a Wireless-G USB Compact USB Network Adapter (WUSB54GC).
The LED Indicator
The network adapter's LED indicates network activity.
- Link LED flashes (Green) when there is wireless network activity
- Plug-and-play operation provides easy setup on any desktop or notebook computer with USB support
- Supports USB 2.0 with up to 54 Mbps high-speed data transfer rate with automatic fallback
- Connect using the included USB extension cable to put the USB adapter anywhere you'd like (up to five (5) feet away)
- Compatible with 802.11g and 802.11b (2.4 GHz) standards
- Compatible with Wireless-B networks (at 11 Mbps)
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) button feature makes wireless configuration secure and simple
- Supports Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) and Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA/WPA2) encryption
- Power is supplied through USB connection, no power cord necessary
- Compatible with non-Linksys routers that accommodate Wireless-G Technology
- Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter
- USB Extension Cable
- Setup Wizard CD
- User Guide on CD
- Quick Installation Guide
Minimum System Requirements
- At least 400 MHz or faster processor
- 128 MB of RAM
- CD-ROM drive
- Available USB port
- WUSB54GC v1 and v2 support both Windows XP and Windows Vista while WUSB54GC v3 supports Windows Vista (32-bit only), and Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit).
NOTE: For more details about this product, visit the WUSB54GC product page on the Linksys Support Site.
Downloading the latest driver or firmware from the Linksys support site
Encountering problems when installing or updating the wireless adapter drivers on a Windows® XP computer
Updating the Linksys network adapter’s driver
Uninstalling a Linksys network adapter driver through the Device Manager