- Getting to know the Linksys X3500
What is the Linksys X3500?The Linksys X3500 Advanced Dual Band Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router is a high-speed ADSL gateway that can be set up for both cable modem and DSL connection. This gateway is ideal for connecting multiple devices and to add USB storage to the network.
• It comes with the latest version of Linksys Connect software for faster setup and easier network management
• The Guest Access feature lets you create a separate wireless network for guests while keeping your local network secured
• It can be installed as a gateway or as a router only depending on your Internet setup
• Wireless transfer speeds up to 300 Mbps
• Reliable range with MIMO antenna technology
• Four (4) Gigabit Ethernet ports for speeds 10X faster than Ethernet
• USB port to connect one (1) USB storage device or USB printer
• Wireless-N technology
• Dual Band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Radio Frequency
• 2x2 & 3x3 internal antennas
• Guest Access feature
• 4 x 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports
• Includes Linksys Connect software
Ethernet (1, 2, 3 and 4) – lights up when a computer or any device is connected to that port.
Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) – is continuously lit when a Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ connection is successfully established. The LED blinks slowly while the Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ is setting up a connection, and blinks rapidly in amber if an error occurs. The LED goes OFF when Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ is idle. To learn more about the WPS feature, clickhere.
Wireless – lights up when the wireless feature is enabled. It flashes when the gateway is actively sending or receiving data over the network.
WAN – lights up green when the gateway is connected directly to an ADSL line. It lights up blue when the gateway is set up as a router only and is connected to the Internet through a separate modem.
Internet – lights up green when the gateway has Internet connection. It flashes greenwhile the gateway is establishing Internet connection. The LED lights up red when it cannot obtain an IP address.
Power – lights up when the gateway is powered ON. The LED flashes when the gateway goes through its self-diagnostic mode every boot up. When the diagnostic is complete, the LED is continuously lit. It lights up red when an error occurs.
NOTE: When the Power LED on your Linksys gateway is blinking, this means that the firmware is corrupted. To learn how to resolve this, click here.
DSL port – connects to the ADSL line.
Cable port – connects to an Ethernet cable when the gateway is installed as a router only.
Ethernet (1, 2, 3 and 4) – connects the gateway to computers and other Ethernet network devices on your network using an Ethernet cable.
USB port – Connect an external USB drive to this port in order to have a network-attached storage.
Power – where you connect the power adapter that comes with the router.
Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) – press this button to have the WPS feature search for your WPS-supported wireless device.
Reset – allows you to reset the router to its factory defaults. There are two (2) ways to reset the Linksys X3500 to its factory defaults.
• Press and hold the Reset button for approximately five (5) seconds.
• Restore the defaults from the Administration > Factory Defaults page on the gateway’s web-based setup page.
NOTE: For more instructions on how to reset your gateway to factory default, click here.
Power switch – press this switch to power ON/OFF the modem-router.
NOTE: For more details about this product, visit the Linksys HomeSupport site to browse for more troubleshooting articles, downloadable user guides or firmware updates and other support information.
Related Articles:X3500 Frequently Asked Questions
Product comparison between Linksys X-series gateways
Setting up your Linksys X-series gateway as a Router using the Setup Wizard
Setting up your Linksys X-Series gateway as a Modem-Router using the Setup Wizard
Hat Ihnen dieser Support-Artikel geholfen?
Wir danken Ihnen für Ihr Feedback.
Bitte teilen Sie uns mit, wie wir diesen Artikel verbessern können.
Haben Sie noch Fragen an den Support?
Chatten Sie vom Schreibtisch aus mit einem Kundenberater.