- Velop Simple Setup in the Web UI
Setting up the Velop is easy through the Linksys app. However, if during the initial setup you encounter any issues, below are the steps to proceed with the setup through the parent node's web interface.
Scenarios where setup through the web interface is useful:
- The app is stuck on connecting to the Velop
- The app is stuck on finding the modem
- The app is stuck on looking for the node
- You cannot change the Wi-Fi name (SSID) or password in the Linksys app
- You encountered an error when changing the Wi-Fi name in the Linksys app
- Close the Linksys app if it is open.
- Reset the node to clear any settings that may interfere with the setup. Hold the reset button for 6 to 10 seconds until you see one solid red flash, followed by three quick red pulses.
- Powercycle the modem (some Dynamic WAN connections may require it).
- Connect the modem to the node using an ethernet cable and leave the node ON.
Connect to the default Wi-Fi of the Velop. Look underneath the device for the Wi-Fi name and password.
Open a web browser and enter the IP address of your parent node in the Address bar then press [Enter].
NOTE: The default IP address of your Velop is 192.168.1.1. If the IP address of the node has been changed, use that instead.
Click on the Click here link.
Enter the administrator password and click on Sign In.
Click on the CA link at the bottom of the dashboard.
Click Connectivity under Router Settings.
If your node does not have an internet connection, go to the Internet Settings tab and select the correct internet connection type.
Once your node is online, go to Velop Setup and enter the SSID and Password for your Velop network. Then, click the Setup Node button to proceed.
Check your computer’s Wi-Fi connection. Once the Wi-Fi settings have been saved on the node, you will need to connect to the new Wi-Fi name of your Velop network to continue.
- Set the node's device mode to Master
- Set the administrator password to admin
- Set the node's name / location to Node1
Once Step 9 is completed, your node is now the parent node. You are done with the setup. However, if you want to add child nodes, place them near the parent node. Turn ON the other nodes and wait until you have solid purple lights. Click the Add Wireless Child Nodes button.
NOTE: If you are adding wired nodes, connect a cable from your child node to the parent node; wait until the child node has a solid purple light and then click on Add Wired Child Nodes.
Once all child nodes have a solid blue light, click the Done Adding Child Nodes button then click Apply or Ok. You can then place them in other locations.
Connect a smartphone or tablet that has the Linksys app installed to the Wi-Fi name you recently created.
Launch the Linksys app on your device and log in using your existing Linksys server account or create a new account if you haven't done so.
- If you have not associated your Velop network to your Linksys server account, you will receive a message to Add the network to the account. Click the Add to Account option once logged in to associate your Velop.
- If you are prompted for your router password, enter admin. It is highly recommended to change your administrator password after logging in using the Linksys app. For instructions, click here.
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.