WET610N Frequently Asked Questions
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. What is the WET610N?
2. What default IP address, username and password are used to login to the WET610N web-based setup page?
3. How do I access the WET610N’s web-based setup page?
4. How can I reset the WET610N to factory defaults?
5. What is the warranty period of the WET610N?
6. How can I reboot the WET610N?
7. How can I restore the configuration of the Linksys Wireless-N Ethernet Bridge?
8. Where can I find the WET610N's current firmware version?
9. How do I view the list of wireless networks detected by the Linksys Wireless-N Ethernet Bridge?
10. Where can I find documents for the WET610N?
1. How do I change the WET610N's wireless SSID?
2. What wireless security modes does the WET610N support?
3. Does the WET610N support WEP with ASCII format?
4. How do I protect access to the web-based setup page of the WET610N from intruders?
1. How can I save the wireless Ethernet bridge configuration file to my local computer?
2. What can I do if I have forgotten my password to access the web-based setup page of the WET610N?
3. What should I do if my computer or any wired device cannot communicate with the wireless router?
4. What should I do if the new settings I set on the web-based setup page are not displaying on the screen?
WET610N is a dual-band wireless Ethernet bridge based on IEEE 802.11n draft 2.0 and optimized for video transmission. WET610N can operate in either 2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz radio bands (selectable dual-band), and it is fully backward compatible with widely deployed 802.11a/b/g infrastructure, 1-Port 10/100 Mbps half or full-duplex modes, auto-sensing, integrated QoS features.
The IP address is set through DHCP. If you have a router or DHCP server, check the DHCP Clients table for the IP address. If there is no DHCP server detected, the bridge will default to the IP address 169.254.1.250 with no username and the password is “admin”. Click here for more information on DHCP Client tables.
On your web browser, enter http://<ip address of the Bridge>. (ex. http://192.168.1.102).
Using the web-based utility, go to Administration > Factory Defaults tab and select YES > click Restore All Settings button to restore it to factory defaults. Also you can press the Reset button located on the back panel of the bridge for longer than 10 seconds, all the Bridge's settings will be restored to factory defaults.
The warranty period is dependent on the country of purchase. For more information about your device's warranty, click here.
Unplug the power adapter and re-plug after 10 seconds.
Go to Administration > Management. Click the Browse button, then select the configuration file you saved to your computer then, click the Restore Configurations button.
On the web-based setup page of the device, click on Status. Next, click on the Bridge tab where the Firmware Version will be displayed.
Access the web-based setup page of the WET610N and click on Wireless. Next, click on the Wireless Site Survey tab to display the list of wireless networks detected by the bridge.
You can find the documents at the Linksys Support Site.
On the web-based setup page of the WET610N, click on Wireless > Basic Wireless Settings tab. You can change the device's wireless SSID in the Network Name (SSID) field.
The Wireless-N Ethernet Bridge supports WPA Personal, WPA2 Personal and WEP.
No. The WET610N only supports WEP with HEX format security key. If you are using the WET610N with a gateway that was set to WEP ASCII format, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to get assistance.
You can use a password to protect access to the web-based setup page of the bridge. For instructions, click here.
Power (Blue) - The POWER LED lights up to indicate that the Bridge is powered ON.
Wireless (Blue) - The Wireless LED lights up when there is a wireless connection. The LED flashes when the Bridge is actively sending or receiving data over the wireless network.
Ethernet (Blue) - The Ethernet LED lights up when there is a wired connection. The LED flashes when the Bridge is actively sending or receiving data over the Ethernet port.
On the web-based setup page, go to Administration > Management. Click the Backup Configurations button then save the file to your local computer.
You can restore the Bridge to its factory default settings and set the password back to "admin".
NOTE: To learn how to reset the bridge to factory settings, click here.
Access the web-based setup page of the WET610N. On the Basic Wireless Settings screen, make sure the Network Name (SSID) matches the name of your wireless network. Make sure the settings (WPA, WPA2 or WEP) match the security settings of your wireless network.
On your web browser, click Refresh. If the new settings are not displayed, follow these instructions:
Unplug the power adapter from the bridge.
Wait five (5) seconds, and then plug the power adapter back into the bridge.
On the Web Browser, click Refresh.
It supports 802.3 10 BASE-T Ethernet, 802.3u 100BASE-TX FastEthernet, 802.1Q, 802.1d.
The WMM Access Modes available in the bridge are Background, Best Effort, Video and Voice. Each mode can be configured differently.
The WET610N supports RTS/CTS protocol, WEP and WPA encryption. It does not support SNMP, HTTPS, RADIUS, STP (Spanning Tree Protocol) and Port Mirroring.