- Different AP modes of Linksys Access Points
There are four modes on a Linksys Access Point:
• Access Point - is the default mode. It allows wireless devices to connect to its broadcast SSID.
• Access Point Client- allows this device to act as a wireless client or a wireless receiver. You can connect a wired computer to the access point to connect to a wireless router or another access point wirelessly. Therefore, on this AP mode, the access point acts as a receiver of the signal coming from another access point. For detailed instructions, click here.
NOTE: The WAP54G will only communicate with another WAP54G when set to Access Point Client mode.
• Wireless Repeater - will repeat the signal of another access point or wireless router.
NOTE: The WAP54G will only communicate with another WAP54G or WRT54G Linksys router when set to Wireless Repeater mode.
• Wireless Bridge - will turn the access point into a wireless bridge. It will link a wireless network to a wired network allowing you to bridge two networks with different infrastructures. For detailed instructions, click here.
NOTE: The WAP54G will only communicate with another WAP54G when set to Wireless Bridge mode.
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.