- Setting up the E-mail Alert feature of the video camera
The wireless video camera can alert users whenever it records video through email and sends the video clip as an attachment where the recipients can view it. To set up this function, follow the steps below:
Setting up the E-mail Alert feature of the video camera
Access the wireless video camera’s web-based setup page. For instructions, click here.
NOTE: If you are using a Mac computer to access the wireless video camera's web-based setup page, click here.
On the wireless video camera’s setup page, click Setup then Options.
On the Option Settings window, set E-mail Alert to Enable then enter the email settings of the recipient.
• Send To - Enter at least one (1) e-mail address. The second and third addresses are optional. The e-mail alert will be sent to the e-mail address or addresses specified.
• Show "From" as - Enter the e-mail address to be shown in the From field when the e-mail is received.
• Subject - Enter the desired text to be shown as the subject for the e-mail when it is received. The subject must not exceed 48 alphanumeric characters.
• SMTP Mail Server - Enter the address of the SMTP (Simple Mail Transport Protocol) server to be used to send e-mail. If the SMTP Server requires a login in order to send mail, check the box next to My Mail Server Requires Authentication and enter your Account Name and Password for the SMTP server. You may contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for more information.
QUICK TIP: For more information about the other fields, click Help.
Click Apply to save the changes.
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.