- Getting to know the WUSB54GSC
The Linksys WUSB54GSC is a Wireless-G USB Compact USB Network Adapter with SpeedBooster. You can connect your USB-equipped desktop or notebook computer to a wireless network using this device.
This article will list down and discuss the basic parts and features of the Linksys WUSB54GSC wireless adapter.
The LED Indicator
The network adapter's LED display information about network activity.
• The Link LED flashes (green) when there is wireless network activity
• A plug-and-play device that allows easy setup on any desktop or notebook computer with USB support
• Supports USB 2.0 with up to 54 Mbps, high-speed data transfer rate with an automatic fallback
• Can be plugged using the included USB extension cable to allow mobility and flexibility for the USB Adapter
• New SpeedBooster technology increases Wireless-G performance by up to 35%
• Compatible with 802.11g and 802.11b (2.4 GHz) standards
• Push-button Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) feature makes wireless configuration secure and simple
• Supports Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) and Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA/WPA2) security encryption
• It gets its power through the USB connection, so no power cord is necessary
• Compact Wireless-G USB Network Adapter with SpeedBooster
• USB Extension Cable
• Setup Wizard CD-ROM
• User Guide on CD-ROM
• Quick Installation
• 400 MHz or a faster PC
• 256 MB of RAM Memory
• CD-ROM Drive
• Avaliable USB Port
• WUSB54GSC version 2.0 is compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista 32 / 64-bit edition with latest updates and Windows 7 32 / 64-bit edition with latest updates
If you would like to update your device, you may visit the Linksys Support Site for downloadable items. For instructions on how to download the upgrades for your device, click on the link below.
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.