- Getting to know the WRT54GL
This article will list down and discuss the different parts of the Linksys WRT54GL router.
Power LED – This lights up green when the device is powered ON.
Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) LED – When the DMZ feature is enabled, this LED will light up green.
Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) LED – When a wireless connection is established, this LED will steadily light up. Once it flashes, it means that the router is sending or receiving data across the network.
Ethernet LED (1-4) – These numbered LEDs will light up green if an Ethernet cable is connected to any of the Ethernet ports found at the back of the device.
Internet LED – This will light up green if your router is connected to a Cable or DSL modem. Once it flashes, it means that the router is sending or receiving data across the network.
Logo LED – This is the router’s SecureEasySetup (SES) button. Take note of the following LED activities:
• When the LED lights up orange, it means that the router is powered ON and the SES feature is disabled.
• When the LED flashes white, it means that the SES is being set up.
• Once the router has acquired the wireless network name (SSID) and password, the LED will steadily light up white.
Reset Button – Press this button for 30 seconds to restore your settings to default.
Internet Port – This connects the router and the Cable/DSL modem.
Ethernet Ports (1-4) – This is where you connect the Ethernet cable.
Power Port – This is where you connect the supplied power adapter.
• SecureEasySetup (SES) for push button security
• Complies with 802.11g and 802.11b (2.4 GHz) standards
• Supports Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP), Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) and Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2) security modes
• Enhanced Internet Security Management Functions including Internet Access Policies with Time Schedules
• Supports Auto-Crossover/No Need for Crossover Cables (MDI/MDI-X)
• Easy to manage and user-friendly web-based setup page.
|Dimensions||7.32” x 1.89” x 6.06” (186 x 48 x 154 mm)|
|Weight||13.8 oz (319 g)|
|Power||External, 12V DC, 05.A|
|Certifications||FCC, ICES-003, CE. Wi-Fi (802.11b/g), WPA2, WMM|
|Operating Temperature||32-104°F (0-40°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4 to 158°F (-20 to 70°C)|
|Operating Humidity||10 to 85%, Noncondensing|
|Storage Humidity||5 to 90%, Noncondensing|
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.