- Getting to Know the Wireless-B Media Adapter and Its Remote Controller
- Ready (Green) - The Ready LED flashes when the Adapter is establishing a connection to the host computer. It stops flashing and stays lit when the Adapter is connected to the host computer.
- Wireless (Green) - The Wireless LED lights up when there is a connection to a wireless network. It flashes when data is transmitted to or received from the wireless network.
- Ethernet (Green) - The Ethernet LED lights up when there is a connection to a wired network. It flashes when data is transmitted to or received from the wired network.
- Power - The Power button allows you to power on and off the Adapter.
- LAN - The LAN port is where you will connect the Ethernet network cable.
- Uplink - The Uplink button is used only when the Adapter is connected to a wired network device. If the Adapter is connected to a PC, then the Uplink button should be pushed in. If the Adapter is connected to a switch, then the Uplink button should NOT be pushed in. If necessary, push the Uplink button and then power the Adapter off and back on again.
- Video - The Video port is where you will connect the video cable.
- Left and Right - The Left and Right ports are where you will connect the left and right audio cables.
- S-Video - The S-Video port is where you will connect the S-video cable.
- Reset - The Reset button is what you will push if you need to reset the Adapter.
The Adapter includes a Remote Controller, which features several buttons that allow you to control the Media Navigator. Use the remote to move through the Navigator's Music, Pictures, or Help menus on your TV.
NOTE: Before using the Remote Controller, insert the included AAA batteries into the battery compartment. Make sure you align the batteries according to the compartment's diagram.
- Power - This turns the Adapter on or off.
- Menu - It displays the main menu.
- Music - This displays the Music menu.
- Pictures - It displays the Pictures menu.
- Setup - As the Adapter is connecting to the TV, press this button to view the TV Setup screen.
- Select and arrows - Use the Select button to make a selection, like the Enter key on your computer's keyboard. Use the arrow keys to move through menus, songs, or pictures.
- Page up and down - Use these buttons to scroll through lists of songs or pictures.
- Volume up and down - Press these buttons to control the volume.
- Zoom in and out - Use these buttons to make the on-screen picture larger or smaller.
- Previous - Press this button to return to the previous screen.
- Options - This displays the Music Options menu or the Picture Options menu.
- Back - It goes back to the previous song or picture.
- Next - This button goes to the next song or picture.
- Play/Pause - It plays or pauses the song or slideshow.
- Stop - This stops the song or slideshow, depending on which menu you are in.
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.