- Getting to Know WUSBF54G
The WUSBF54G is a Wireless-G USB Network Adapter with Wi-Fi Finder that finds and connects your computer to available wireless networks even if it is turned OFF. The networks detected will be displayed in order of signal strength that makes your computer to connect fast and easy.
The Network Adapter's LEDs and Wi-Fi Finder LCD screen are located on the Front Panel.
• Power (Green) - The Power LED lights up when the Adapter is powered ON.
• Wireless (Green) - The Wireless LED lights up when there is wireless activity.
• ON/OFF Switch. The ON/OFF switch is located on the side panel. Slide the button to the right side to turn ON the Wi-Fi Finder.
• Scan. The Scan button is located on the side panel. Push the Scan button to scan for a wireless network.
There are three Wireless Network Scan Modes (shown at the bottom right corner of the LCD screen). To change the mode, push and hold the Scan button.
o All Networks (A): This default mode scans and displays all secured and unsecured networks.
o Unsecured Networks (U): This mode scans and displays only unsecured networks
o Specific Network Name (S): This mode scans and displays any networks with a selected specific network name. First, while in the All Networks mode, use the Scroll button and scroll until the network that you want is on your screen, then push and hold the Scan button to change the icon to S. Then, push the Scan button again to scan for any network with the selected name.
• Scroll. The Scroll button is located on the side panel. Push the Scroll button to view the next available wireless network, which will be displayed in the order of strongest to weakest signal strength.
NOTE: A maximum of 15 wireless networks can be viewed.
• Compatible with 802.11b and 802.11g (2.4 GHz) Standards
• With built-in Wi-Fi Finder that finds Wireless-G and Wireless-B signals without your computer turned ON
• With built-in rechargeable Li-Ion Polymer battery
• LCD screen displays the name, channel, signal strength, and security on/off of the networks detected
• Compatible with Microsoft Windows 98 SE, ME, 2000 or XP
• Supports Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) or Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA/WPA2) protection by up to 128-bit encryption
• Supports USB 1.1 or 2.0 with up to 54 Mbps, High-Speed Data Transfer Rate with Automatic Fallback
• Provides Plug-and-Play Operation that makes the setup and installation easier
• PC with 400 MHz or faster processor
• 128 MB RAM
• CD-ROM Drive
• Available USB Port
• Windows 98 SE, ME, 2000 or XP with Service Pack 1 (or later)
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.