- Encountering problems in connecting the Linksys WET610N or WES610N to the router using the Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ feature
If you are encountering problems in connecting the Linksys WET610N or WES610N to the router using the Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) feature, you may do the following:
- Ensure that the Linksys WET610N or WES610N is connected to a power outlet.
- Wait until the Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) LED stops blinking before trying to make the connection again.
- For first-time setup, you may need to place your Linksys WES610N or WET610N within three (3) feet of your router. Once it has been successfully connected to your router using the WPS feature, you may unplug and move it to the location where you want to connect an Ethernet device to it.
- Ensure that the Linksys WET610N or WES610N is located at least three (3) feet close to your router. If it is too close to your router, the signal interference may be too great to establish a reliable connection.
- Avoid placing the Linksys WET610N or WES610N and the router near metal objects, masonry walls, reflective objects such as mirrors and glass, and other electronic appliances to avoid signal interference.
- Press and hold the WPS button for about two (2) to five (5) seconds. To test the connection between the Linksys WES610N or WET610N and the router, press the WPS button of the router for a few seconds. If the WPS LED of the router does not indicate any connection, you may try to press it again for another two (2) to five (5) seconds.
NOTE: The WPS button and LED may vary from one router model to another. You may refer to your router’s documentation to know more about the WPS button and LED of your router.
If you are still having problems connecting the Linksys WES610N or WET610N to your router using WPS, you may proceed to manual setup using its web-based setup page. Click on the links below to learn how:
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.