- Setting up your Linksys MR8300 to bridge mode
Bridge mode allows you to extend your existing network. When in bridge mode, the Linksys MR8300 Mesh WiFi Router, AC2200, MU-MIMO will not have its own separate network. All nodes and client devices connected to the router will be on the same network and can communicate with other devices within the network.
This article will guide you in setting the Linksys MR8300 to bridge mode.
Before you begin:
- You must first set up the router by following the standard setup process. For instructions on how to set up the router, click here. Once your router is set up, you can switch to bridge mode.
- Make sure that you install the latest version of the Linksys app on your mobile device.
- Your device should be connected to the local network; you will not be able to change to bridge mode if you are remotely connected to the router.
- If your router has nodes already connected, all the nodes will work in bridge mode after you switch to bridge mode.
- After you switch to bridge mode, you may add other nodes by tapping on Set Up a New Product in the Menu bar. To learn more, click here.
- In bridge mode, you will not be able to use Parental Controls, Device Prioritization and other advanced features.
Log in locally to the Linksys MR8300 dashboard through the Linksy app using your admin password. After logging in, the app will take you to the dashboard.
Tap the Menu icon on the top left side.
Tap Advanced Settings and then tap Internet Settings.
Select Bridge Mode and then tap Save.
Tap Enable Bridge Mode.
NOTE: While the router switches to bridge mode, your devices may temporarily disconnect. Once the internet connection comes back, you will be taken back to the dashboard of the router.
Once you have successfully set up the router, the dashboard will display Bridge Mode.
Setting up your Velop system in bridge mode
Setting up the Linksys MR8300 (VIDEO)
Resetting the Linksys MR8300 to factory default settings (VIDEO)
Overview of the Linksys MR8300 Dashboard (VIDEO)
Getting to know the Linksys MR8300 Mesh WiFi Router, AC2200, MU MIMO (VIDEO)
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.