- EZXS88W Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a Switch?
Switches are network devices that connect computers together in a network and help transfer data across the network. The EtherFast 8-Port Switch is 10/100 Mbps and uses half-duplex and full-duplex modes.
Your network revolves around your switch. To network your computers, you should not connect your computers directly to one another. Instead, computers should be connected through the switch.
2. What should I do when I cannot connect to the Internet?
Follow the instructions below:
(a) Verify the proper LEDs are lit on the switch.
Make sure the Power LED has a steady green light and is not flashing.
Verify the Ethernet LED has a fairly steady green light. It will flash occasionally, indicating a network activity.
(b) Power down everything and power ON the switch first. Next, power ON the computer.
3. What do the ports on the back panel of the device mean?
- Ports 1-8 - These are ports where you will connect your computers to the switch. It is through these ports that network information is exchanged.
- Uplink - You can expand your network by connecting the switch to another hub, switch, or router through the Uplink port. If the Uplink port is being used, port 5-the port adjacent to it-will become inactive, reducing the number of the switch's operable ports from five to four.
- Power - The Power port is where you will connect the included power adapter. Be sure to only use the power adapter that came with the product. Using third party power adapters could damage the switch.
4. How does my switch strengthen data transfers through signal regeneration?
Your switch functions as a repeater, which regenerates data signals as they pass through it. This feature acts as a safeguard to deter data loss and ensure that transmissions arrive at their destination intact.
5. What is the warranty period for the EZXS88W?
The warranty period is dependent on the country of purchase. For more information about your device's warranty, click here.
6. What are the standards supported by the EZXS88W?
IEEE 802.3 and IEEE 802.3u.
7. How many ports does this device have on its back panel?
Eight 10/100 RJ-45 Ports and one shared RJ-45 Uplink port.
8. What is the cabling type that should be used with this switch?
Category 5 UTP (or better).
9. What should I do if my Switch experiences excessive data collisions?
Verify that your network cabling is securely crimped and installed properly.
10. Can more than two hubs be uplinked in a row in a Fast Ethernet network?
No. The maximum is two hubs.
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.