- Linksys Connect Setup: I am getting a “Reboot your modem” message
When setting up your Linksys Wi-Fi Router for the first time using Linksys Connect, you may come across the following message:
This may occur because of the following:
• No internet connection has been established.
• Your computer’s firewall is blocking the Linksys Connect software.
To resolve this issue, you can:
1. Disable your computer's firewall
Before proceeding with the installation, make sure that the computer’s firewall is disabled. You can enable the firewall immediately after the installation.
Click on the links below to learn how:
Disabling the computer's firewall on a Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 operating system
Disabling the firewall on a Windows® 7 computer
Disabling the firewall on a Windows Vista computer
Disabling the Windows XP computer’s built-in firewall
Disabling the Mac® computer’s built-in firewall
2. Reboot your modem
Rebooting your Linksys modem helps re-establish the internet connection. Follow the steps below to learn how:
Unplug the power cord of your modem.
QUICK TIP: Wait for 2 minutes before plugging the power cable back in. If your modem has a power switch, turn it OFF then power it back ON after 2 minutes. You will know if your modem is OFF when its light indicators are OFF.
When you're done rebooting the modem, go back to your Linksys Connect page and click Next to continue with the installation.
- If the page has already been closed, you can relaunch it.
- Rebooting your Linksys router can be done the same way. Unplug its power cable to turn it OFF, then plug it in to turn it back ON.
For instructions on how to set up a Linksys Wi-Fi Router using Linksys Connect, click here.
Est-ce que cet article a été utile ?
Nous vous remercions pour vos commentaires.
Dites-nous comment nous pourrions rendre cet article plus utile.
Vous avez d'autres questions pour le support ?
CONTACTER LE SUPPORT
CHAT EN DIRECT
Un agent de support répondra à vos questions