Domain Name System (DNS) is an internet service that translates domain names into IP addresses. This article will help you configure the DNS Settings of your network.
Before you begin:
- If you are looking into configuring Safe Browsing which is an OpenDNS feature these are the things you need to do.
- If the Safe Browsing feature is enabled and you need to configure the DNS settings manually, the Safe Browsing feature will be disabled. You can only use one set of DNS servers.
1. Launch the Linksys app and log in to your Linksys cloud account.
2. Tap the menu icon at the upper-left portion of the dashboard.
3. Tap Advanced Settings then select Local Network Settings.
4. Scroll down to the bottom then tap the icon under DNS Settings.
5. Select Manual to configure the settings. By default, Auto is selected.
If Safe Browsing is enabled and you choose Manual, Safe Browsing will be disabled and will receive the following prompt before you can proceed. Tap Continue.
6. Enter your DNS Settings.
7. Once done, tap Save.
You should now have successfully configured the DNS Settings of your network.
Find out more:
How to enable Safe Browsing using the Linksys app
How to configure custom OpenDNS Safe Browsing through the Linksys app