If you are having difficulties connecting to the network, you can try the following tips for better connection:
- If the computer is not detecting any signal or is not seeing any wireless network, make sure to check that the wireless capability of your laptop is enabled. Refer to your laptop’s manual or contact your laptop’s manufacturer for assistance in enabling the wireless capability.
- If the computer is not detecting your router’s signal, ensure that the wireless computer is just about three (3) to 10 feet away from the router when trying to connect to your wireless network.
- You may also change the router’s wireless channel.
- If you are using a Linksys wireless adapter, check if it is working properly. You can also check for your wireless utility, if there are two (2) utilities installed, disable one of them. You can also use another computer to isolate the problem.
- If your computer was previously connected to a wireless network, changing to a wired connection may require you to disable any wireless utility and enable the local network connection in order for the wired connection to work properly.
- You can also verify the wireless settings, IP address or try to ping the router if you are still encountering difficulties connecting to the wireless network. For more troubleshooting tips, click here.
- If all of your devices don’t see the wireless network name, make sure that the router’s SSID Broadcast feature is enabled. To learn how to check this, access the router's web-based setup page, click Wireless > Manual then make sure the SSID Broadcast is set on the Enabled radio button.
- The Guest network is a feature of the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi and Linksys Wi-Fi Routers that creates a separate network for guests. This secured network provides Internet access to wireless devices for your guests. The Guest network’s SSID is the same as the 2.4 GHz Wireless Network Name (SSID) however, followed by a –Guest suffix.
- If you encounter issues when connecting to your home network, check the wireless settings of your router and make sure that it matches the settings on your computer.
Eliminate dead spots and effectively increase the range of your Wireless-N router. Have optimum wireless connectivity on your Internet-ready wireless devices by installing the Linksys range extender or powerline adapters. To know about them, click the links below:
To get the latest networking products from the Linksys Store, click here.