- How to perform a Speed Test on your network using your Linksys cloud account
The Speed Test Tool on the Linksys cloud account allows you to check the current upload and download speed of your Internet connection.
Here is a short guide about the difference in values of your download and upload speed:
- Download Speed – This pertains to how fast data is transferred from websites to your computer.
- Upload Speed – The speed of data transfer from your computer to the Internet.
Follow the steps below to learn how to perform a Speed Test on your network.
QUICK TIP: Factors such as number of devices connected to your network at the same time as well as running applications and activities that require a large amount of throughput such as video streaming and Voice over Internet Phone (VoIP) can affect the upload and download speed of your Internet.
NOTE: The Speed Test must only be performed if you are logged in to your local network using a web browser. Performing a Speed Test remotely only gives you the Upload and Download speed of the network you are currently connected to.
Access your Linksys cloud account. For instructions, click here.
Click Speed Test.
Click Begin Test.
NOTE: The area with an arrow pointing downwards shows the Download Speed while the area with an arrow pointing upwards shows the current Upload Speed.
The Speed Test will begin immediately. Once the Speed Test is done, you can click Restart Test to begin another Speed Test session.
You can also click the Show History button to see the results from your previous Speed Test sessions and compare them to the current results.
In case you encounter issues while doing the Speed Test using your Linksys cloud account, you can try any of the steps below:
- Close the Linksys cloud account then re-open it and run the test again.
- Temporarily disable any security on your computer such as your anti-virus or Windows® Firewall, then run the test again. You can re-enable them after the test has been completed.
- Use another computer that is also connected to your network and run the Speed Test using the Linksys cloud account.
Expanding your network
You can also extend the range of your network, especially in situations that require you to do so. By simply connecting additional devices, you can now extend your wireless signal to accommodate the hard-to-reach areas at home and even to connect more devices (both wired and wireless) for gaming or entertainment. Click on the links below to know more about these new products.
Getting to know the Linksys RE7000 Max-Stream™ AC1900+ Wi-Fi Range Extender
Getting to know Linksys WES610N
Getting to know WET610N
Getting to know the Linksys PLWK400 Powerline Wired and Wireless Network Expansion Kit
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
Chat with a customer support agent directly from your desktop.