- Getting to know the Linksys RE7000 Max-Stream™ AC1900+ Wi-Fi Range Extender
For information on how to set up the Linksys RE7000, click on the links below:
Setting up the Linksys RE7000 to Range Extender mode
Setting up your Linksys range extender in Access Point mode
Power / WPS Light – This displays the status of the Linksys RE7000 based on the light's behavior (OFF, blinking, or solid) and color (orange or green).
Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) button – Use the WPS technology to automatically and securely add wireless devices to your network.
Reset button – Press and hold for 10 seconds to reset the range extender to factory defaults.
Ethernet port – This Gigabit Ethernet port is used to connect wired clients such as computers or media servers when Linksys RE7000 is in Range Extender mode or connect to a router when it is in Access Point mode.
|Power Light||Status / Description|
|Ethernet Light||Status / Description|
|Green||An ethernet device is connected and active. The light blinks when the extender is sending or receiving data over the ethernet port.|
- Eliminate dead zones and boost coverage with MU-MIMO Technology
- Boost Wi-Fi range up to 10,000 sq. ft.
- N300+AC1733 Mbps with dual-band
- Easy setup with Spot Finder
- 4x4 MU-MIMO
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet port
- Beamforming Technology
- Cross-Band Technology
- Push-Button Connect
- Access Point mode
- Existing wireless router or access point
- Ethernet cable if using the Linksys RE7000 in Access Point mode
- A computer or tablet with Wi-Fi capabilities
- For browser configuration:
- Internet Explorer® 8 or higher
- Safari® 5.1 or higher
- Chrome™ 25.0 or higher
- Firefox® 20 or higher
Linksys RE7000 Max-Stream™ AC1900+ Wi-Fi Range Extender Frequently Asked Questions
What is Cross-band Technology (VIDEO)
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
Chat with a customer support agent directly from your desktop.