Scenarios where setup through the web browser is useful:
- The app is stuck on connecting to the node
- The app is stuck on finding the modem
- The app is stuck on looking for the node
- You cannot change the WiFi name (SSID) or password in the Linksys app
- You encountered an error when changing the WiFi name in the Linksys app
Before you begin:
- You will need a laptop or desktop computer using a desktop browser
- Close the Linksys app if it is open.
- Reset the node to clear any settings that may interfere with the setup. Hold the reset button for 6 to 10 seconds until you see one solid red flash, followed by three quick red pulses.
- Powercycle the modem (some Dynamic WAN connections may require it).
- Connect the modem to the node using an ethernet cable and leave the node ON.
Connect your computer to the default WiFi network of the router. Look underneath the router for the WiFi name and password.
Open a web browser and enter the default IP address 192.168.1.1 of your parent node in the Address bar then press [Enter].
NOTE: If you come across this message, your router may require to login using HTTPS. Depending on which browser you are using, you may come across an error such as the one shown below. For step-by-step instructions on how to bypass this page, click here.
To bypass this window, follow these steps:
- Google Chrome™: click on Advanced > Proceed to 192.168.1.1 (unsafe)
- Firefox®: click on Advanced > Accept the Risk and Continue
- Microsoft Edge®: click on Advanced > Continue to 192.168.1.1 (unsafe)
- Safari®: click on Show Details > visit this website > Visit Website
On the setup screen, click on the mobile image.
Enter “admin” as the default administrative router password and then click Sign In.
NOTE: Some router models may require you to change the default password upon login. To know more, click here.
You will be taken to the dashboard.
Click on the CA link at the bottom of the dashboard.
You must first change your default admin password. Click Connectivity under Router Settings and then click on Edit on the Basic tab. Click Apply when done.
Go to the CA Router Setup tab and create a WiFi name (SSID) and WiFi password. Once done, click the Setup Node button. The WiFi password is case sensitive.
NOTE: While the settings are saving, you will lose WiFi connectivity temporarily.
The light on top of the node will start to flash. Once you see your new WiFi name in the list, connect to it to continue the setup.
The Your Master Node is now configured message will show.
Now check if your node is online. If the light on the node is solid blue, your node is online, you can go to the next step. If the light is not blue, you can try the following:
- Power cycle your modem and your router’s LED should turn solid blue after a few minutes.
- If you use a PPPoE connection, you will need to enter your internet settings manually. Go to the Internet Settings tab, click Edit and choose PPPoE. Enter your PPPoE information and click Save. Wait for the light on the node to turn solid blue.
Do you have additional nodes to add?
a. Yes - Power ON your child nodes, wait until the light is solid purple, then click on Add Wireless Child Nodes and wait for the child node’s light to turn solid blue.
NOTE: For wired nodes, connect your nodes to the parent node with an ethernet cable, wait until the light is solid purple, then click on Add Wired Child Nodes. When the child nodes have a solid blue light, click OK.
b. No - Proceed to the next step.
Once all child nodes have a solid blue light, click the Done Adding Child Nodes button then click Ok or Apply. You can then place them in other locations.
Your network is now setup. You can now connect all your wireless devices to your WiFi network.
To Manage your network using the Linksys mobile app
1. Make sure your mobile device is connected to your WiFi network.
2. Download the Linksys mobile app on your mobile device.
3. Launch the Linksys app on your device and log in using your existing Linksys cloud account or create a new account if you haven't done so.
4. Click Add to Account and enter your new admin password that you previously created and click on Add to Account again.
5. You have now linked your network to your Linksys cloud account.