- Transferring files between two computers using Bluetooth and the USBBT100
Note: It is assumed that both computers have complete and working installations of the USBBT100.
To set up a file transfer session between two computers, do the following:
1. Right click on the Bluetooth icon in the Windows System Tray.
2. Select Bluetooth Setup Wizard from the pop-up menu.
3. When the Wizard appears, select the option that says I want to find a specific Bluetooth device and configure how this computer will use its services and click Next to continue.
4. Select the name of the other computer on the “Bluetooth Device Selection” screen, and click Next.
5. The Bluetooth Security Setup screen will appear. If you would like to set up security with this connection, enter in a PIN Code and press the Initiate Pairing button, so that the other device can be prompted for the same PIN code. The PIN code is case-sensitive, and can be alphanumeric (numbers and letters). The PIN code must also consist of one (1) or more characters, and must not exceed a maximum of sixteen (16) characters.
- If you do not wish to set up security at this time, click the Skip Pairing button to continue.
Click Next to continue.
6. The Bluetooth Service Selection screen will appear next. Check the box for the File Transfer service from the list of services.
7. Press Finish to complete the Wizard.
In My Bluetooth Places, a shortcut to access the File Transfer service will be viewable when accessing the icon for the name of the remote computer.
Setting up files to be transferred:
Files that are located in the Bluetooth Exchange Folder will now be accessible by the connected computer.
Clicking on the My Bluetooth Places icon located on the desktop can access this folder.
Windows 98SE, ME, or 2000:
Files that can be transferred are located in the Bluetooth Exchange Folder:
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.