- Getting to Know the WPC100 Wireless Adapter
The WPC100 Wireless Adapter assures you of fast and reliable network connectivity for your laptop computers. It is a high-speed and long-range wireless networking device that provides optimum Internet connectivity with Wireless-N networks but can be also fully functional with Wireless-G and Wireless-B networks. This article will provide an overview of the WPC100’s basic features and other relevant information.
The LED Indicators
The WPC100 wireless adapter has two LED lights which indicate the status of the device. These include:
• POWER - The Power LED (blue) lights up if the device is powered ON.
• LINK/ACT - The Link/Act LED (blue) flashes if network activity is detected.
Basic Features of the WPC100 Wireless Adapter
• Complies with Wireless-B and Wireless-G standards.
• Performs faster than a Wireless-G network device but fully compatible with Wireless-B, Wireless-G and Wireless-N networks.
• Protected by WPA-2 encryption but also supports WEP and WPA encryption security
• Compatible with Windows 2000 (SP4), Windows XP (SP2 or later) and Windows Vista operating systems.
Upon purchasing a WPC100 wireless adapter, you should have the following:
• A unit of the WPC100 wireless adapter
• Quick Installation Guide
• Setup CD (user guide also included)
Minimum System Requirements
Your computer should meet or exceed these minimum system requirements of the WPC100 wireless adapter to achieve full functionality and optimum performance.
• 600 MHz or faster computer processor
• An available CardBus slot
• 256 MB RAM
• CD-ROM drive
• Windows 2000 (Service Pack 4), Windows XP (Service Pack 2 or later) or Windows Vista operating system
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.