If you are planning to manage your access point using the Linksys Cloud Manager 2.0, you can migrate your access point automatically through the cloud. Click here for information on how to migrate your access point from the cloud. However, if you want to manually update the firmware from LCM Version 1.0 to LCM Version 2.0, use the LCM Version 2.0 firmware.
**Disclaimer for the LCM Version 2.0 firmware**
- This is a one-way manual firmware update from LCM Version 1.0 to LCM Version 2.0. After updating the firmware to 3.4.12 or later, you will not be able to roll back the firmware version and all future updates are done via the Linksys Cloud Manager 2.0.
- After updating the firmware, managing the access point locally is no longer supported. Please go to https://cloudmanager.linksys.com to add and manage your access point.
- After updating the firmware, port 1 will become your primary port and port 2 will become disabled. Please switch to port 1.
- Updating the firmware will remove the LAG feature. We are currently working on a fix.
- After updating the firmware, your access point settings will be reset and you will need to reconfigure your settings through Linksys Cloud Manager 2.0 using https://cloudmanager.linksys.com.
To learn more about the Linksys Cloud Manager 2.0 before you update, click here.
Select your version:
Existing customers: You can migrate your existing access point through https://cloudmanager.linksys.com. Click here for information on how to migrate your access point, which includes updating the firmware via the cloud.
New customers: Create a new account at https://cloudmanager.linksys.com and add your new access point. To learn more, click here. This will include updating your access point firmware via the cloud.
NOTE: Manually updating the firmware on your access point can only be done once when going from LCM 1.0 firmware to LCM 2.0 firmware. Contact Linksys support if you need the firmware file.
For the Linksys LAPAC2600C-AH, the firmware is coming soon.