- Checking the router's wireless settings using an iPad®
For ease and convenience, it is possible to check the router’s wireless settings using an iPad®. This article will guide you on how to check the router’s wireless settings using the device.
IMPORTANT: Ensure that you already know your router’s IP address before going through these steps. If you don’t know its IP address yet, click here to learn how.
Access the router’s web-based setup page though your iPad®.
Tap the Wireless tab.
You will then be able to view the router’s Basic Wireless Settings page.
NOTE: In this example, the 5 GHz Wireless Settings of the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi, EA4500 is used.
- Network Mode – Lists the wireless standards your network supports.
- Network Name (SSID) – This is the name of your wireless network.
- Security Mode – Lists the security types your router supports.
- Passphrase – This is the password of your wireless network. This should be 8-63 characters.
- Channel Width – Radio channel width of your wireless-N devices.
- Channel – Lists the radio channels your router supports.
- SSID Broadcast – A feature that lets you choose whether to let other wireless devices detect your network’s wireless name.
QUICK TIP: The Linksys Wi-Fi Routers (E1000, E2000, E3000, E2100L, E4200 v1), the Passphrase and Security Mode can be found in the Wireless Security sub-tab.
You should have successfully checked the router’s wireless settings through your iPad® now.
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.