The Speed Check tool of the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi allows you to check the current speed and performance of your internet connection. It lets you see the current upload and download speeds to and from your home Wi-Fi. Additionally, the Speed Check tool measures the ping. This is the amount of time it takes for data to travel from your router to the speed test servers and back.
This article will give you an overview of the Speed Check tool for the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi.
What is Upload Speed?
The Upload Speed measures the speed of data transfer from your home Wi-Fi. A few examples are:
- Sending an email with attachments such as images or documents
- Uploading videos or images to a website
What is Download Speed?
The Download Speed measures the speed of data coming to your home Wi-Fi. A few examples of download are:
- Receiving emails and downloading their attachments
- Opening a website or document accessed over the internet
It is recommended to perform speed checks at different times during the day because the download and upload speed may vary and can be affected by the following factors:
- The number of devices connected to your home Wi-Fi simultaneously
- Activities and online applications which require a lot of bandwidth such as video streaming or Voice overInternet Protocol (VoIP)
- The time of the day when the test is being run
- Other users on the internet using the Speed Check tool
- Other computers in your network that are using the internet
- Wired versus wireless connections
- Wireless security type being used
How do I access the Speed Check tool?
You must first access your router's Dashboard then under Smart Wi-Fi Tools, click on Speed Check.