This article will guide you on how to add or remove Linksys Aware motion-sensing devices.
Below are some helpful tips for selecting devices:
- Only choose devices for a location where you care about detecting motion. Having just a few motion-sensing devices is recommended.
- To prevent overlap and interference, make sure each device is at least 15 ft away from other motion-sensing devices on your system.
- Choose devices that are not hidden behind obstacles like a TV or inside a closet. Limit the number of walls between each device.
- Choose devices that are centrally located in a room and not next to walls shared with neighbors.
- Do not choose devices that are battery-operated.
- You can add up to three devices per node.
- To detect location-specific motion, you need at least three devices.
Adding compatible smart home devices to act as motion sensing devices
If you have not subscribed to Linksys Aware yet, make sure to subscribe first. For instructions, click here.
In the Linksys Aware screen, click on the menu icon.
NOTE: If you are on any of the following screens, tap either See Devices I Can Add or Check for Compatible Devices. Linksys Aware will automatically start scanning for devices on your network.
Click on Add smart home device.
You can either wait until the scan is complete or start adding devices. Then, scroll to the bottom and click Add.
QUICK TIP: You can add up to three compatible devices per node.
You have now added additional motion devices.
Removing a motion-sensing device
Click on the menu icon within Linksys Aware.
From the Manage Devices list, tap on the ellipsis icon next to the device that you want to remove and then tap on Remove device.
Tap on Remove device one more time to confirm.