Before you begin:
- You will need to use a web browser on your laptop or desktop computer.
- Write down the default WiFi Name, Password, and Recovery Key located at the bottom of the parent node.
- Parent node – It is a node connected to your modem.
- Child node – It is another node used to extend your WiFi. The child node can be wireless or wired.
1. Make sure that your modem is connected to the internet port on the node. Power ON the node and wait until the light is solid purple.
2. Connect your laptop to the default WiFi name and enter the default WiFi password when prompted. You can also connect your computer to the node via an ethernet port.
3. Open a browser, type "https://192.168.1.1" in the Address bar, then press [ENTER].
With the latest firmware, you are now required to use HTTPS when you log in to the router. If you use HTTP instead of HTTPS, a static page that displays steps on how to proceed to log in will appear. The easier option, however, is to just re-enter the IP address using HTTPS.
4. Click on the mobile image.
5. If this is your first time setting up the router, you will need to create a new password.
The Linksys WHW03 does not have a default admin password. To create a new password, try one of the following methods:
A. Enter "admin" and click on Sign In. On the pop-up message, click on create a new one. You will be taken to a new screen where you will be prompted to create a new password.
B. Click on Reset password. You will be prompted to enter the Recovery Key found on the product label at the bottom of the router. Click Submit.
6. Create a new admin password and an optional password hint, then tap on Reset.
7. Once you have created a new password, you will be taken to the dashboard.
8. Click on the CA link at the bottom right-hand side.
9. Click on Connectivity and then click on the CA Router Setup tab.
10. Create a WiFi name (SSID) and password, then click on Setup Node. The WiFi password is case-sensitive.
While the settings are saving, you will temporarily lose WiFi connectivity.
11. The light on top of the parent node will start to flash. Once you see your new WiFi name in the list, connect to it to continue setup.
You will now see the Your Master Node is now Configured message.
12. Now check if your node is online. If the light on the node is solid blue, it is online. On the dashboard, the Network Status widget will display if your router is online.
If the light is not blue, you can try the following troubleshooting tips:
A. Power cycle your modem and wait if the light turns solid blue after a few minutes.
B. If you use a PPPoE connection, you will need to enter your internet settings manually. Go to the Internet Settings tab, click Edit and choose PPPoE. Enter your PPPoE information and click Save. Wait for the light on the node to turn solid blue.
13. Do you have additional nodes to extend your WiFi network?
A. No - If don’t have any other child nodes to add, go to the next step.
B. Yes - Power ON your child node, wait until the light is solid purple, then click on Add Wireless Child Nodes.
Wait for the child node’s light to turn solid blue which may take a few minutes. Once the child node has a solid blue light, it has been added to the network. Click on Ok.
For wired nodes, connect your nodes to the parent node with an ethernet cable, wait until the light is solid purple, then click on Add Wired Child Nodes. When the child node shows a solid blue light, click Apply and then Ok.
Your network is now set up.
Linking your Linksys cloud account to the Linksys app
If you want to use the Linksys app to manage your settings from any mobile device, you must link your network to your Linksys cloud account. Before you begin, make sure to connect your mobile device to the WiFi name you just created.
1. Download the Linksys app to your Android™ or iOS device.
2. On your mobile device, launch the Linksys app and tap Manage Your Wi-Fi.
3. Either enter your existing Linksys cloud account credentials then tap Log in or tap Create an account.
4. Tap Add to Account.
5. Enter the default WiFi password located on the product label of the node then tap Add to Account again.
You have now linked your network to your Linksys cloud account.