- Getting to know the Linksys WRT 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch, SE4008
The Linksys WRT 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch, SE4008 is an unmanaged 8-port switch that allows you to add up to seven (7) devices to your home or office network with plug-and-play installation. The Gigabit ports provide 10 times faster connection than ordinary 10/100 Ethernet connections.
The system LED is solid when the switch is powered on.BUTTONS
- Easily add up to seven (7) devices to your home or office network
- 10x faster connections than standard 10/100 Ethernet
- Durable WRT enclosure
- Quality of Service (QoS)
- Power save: detects unused ports to minimize power usage
- Auto-sensing Ports: adjusts to maximize data flow rates of 10/100/1000 Mbps
- Lower footprint with Modular placement with WRT Product Family
The system LED is solid when the switch is powered on.
- Ethernet 1 thru 8 (Primary) – Numbered LEDs correspond to the numbered ports on the switch's back panel. If the LED is solid, a device is connected to that port. A flashing LED indicates network activity over that port.
- Ethernet 1 thru 8 (Secondary) – If the LED is not on, a device is connected to that port at 10/100 Mbps. A solid LED indicates that a device is successfully connected to that port at 1000 Mbps (Gigabit Ethernet).
- Ethernet – Connect Ethernet cables to Gigabit 10/100/1000 ports to add wired devices to your network.
- Power – Connect the included AC power adapter.
- Power Switch (European model) – Toggle to power on/off the switch.
- LED On/Off Button – Press to enable/disable the Ethernet primary and secondary LEDs.
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.