This article will show you how to run a speed check on your Linksys Mesh router using the Linksys app.
2. For iOS, tap Go and then tap Start Speed Check. For an Android™ device, tap the menu icon at the upper-left corner of the screen and tap on Speed Check.
The speed test function is a useful tool that measures the download and upload speeds of your WiFi connection. Several factors contribute to the speed of your internet connection, such as the type of ISP account you have, the volume of local and global internet traffic, and the number of devices in your household that are sharing the connection.
For testing the WiFi router's speed while using WiFi security, it is recommended to utilize the WPA2™-Personal encryption setting. This protocol is based on hardware encryption and will yield the most accurate test outcomes.
After the speed test, the following results will show:
- Download - the speed rate at which internet content is transferred to your router.
- Upload - the speed of how quickly you can upload content to the internet.
- Ping (latency) - measures, in milliseconds (ms), the amount of time it takes data to travel from your ISP’s servers to your network.
- Results - a brief description of the overall result of the speed test.