- Getting to know the Linksys WMP54GR
The Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter with RangeBooster (WMP54GR) installs in most desktop and tower computers, and lets you put your computer almost anywhere in the building without the cost and hassle of running network cables. Once you're connected, you can keep in touch with your email, access the Internet, use instant messaging to chat with friends, and share files and other resources such as printers and network storage with other computers on the network.
• Increases range up to 100%, and speed up to 35%, over standard 802.11g
• Performance Investment Protection: Compatible with Wireless-B (802.11b) and Wireless-G (802.11g) Standards
• Easy to use Setup Wizard
• Supports up to 128-bit Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) and Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) Encryption Security
• 32-bit PCI Interface
• Compatible with Microsoft Windows 98SE, Me, 2000, and XP
• The warranty period is dependent on the country of purchase. For more information about your device's warranty, click here.
|Standards||IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b, PCI 2.3|
|Channels||802.11b / 802.11g|
11 Channels (Most of North, Central and South America)
13 Channels (Most of Europe and Asia)
|Protocols||802.11b: CCK (11 Mbps), DQPSK (2 Mbps), DBPSK (1 Mbps);|
|Peak Gain of the Antenna||2dBi|
|Transmitted Power||802.11b: 17 ± 1dBm (Typical); 802.11g: 15 ± 1dBm (Typical)|
|Receive Sensitivity||11Mbps @ -88dBm (Typical); 54Mbps @ -78dBm (Typical)|
|Security Features||WEP and WPA Encryption|
|WEP Key Bits||64 Bit and 128 Bit|
|Dimensions||153 x 94 x 121 mm|
|Certification||FCC, Wi-Fi (802.11b/g), CE|
|Operating Temp.||0ºC to 55ºC|
|Storage Temp.||-20ºC to 85ºC|
|Operating Humidity||Max. 90% Non-Condensing|
|Storage Humidity||Max. 90% Non-Condensing|
• Computer with 1.4 GHz or Faster Processor
• 128 MB RAM Memory
• CD-ROM Drive
• Available PCI Slot
• Windows 98SE, Me, 2000 or XP with Service Pack 1 (or later)
• Wireless-G PCI Adapter with RangeBooster
• Two External Antennas
• Setup Wizard CD-ROM
• User Guide on CD-ROM
• Quick Installation Guide
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.