- PLE300 Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the PLE300?
The Powerline AV Network Adapter lets you create a digital network instantly. It turns your home’s wiring into a network of digital devices since it features one Ethernet port where you can connect a router, computer, or other network device.
2. What is the warranty period of the PLTE300?
The warranty period is dependent on the country of purchase. For more information about your device's warranty, click here.
3. What are the minimum requirements to support PLE300?
• A computer or other device with Ethernet network adapter.
• Available AC power jack.
• Other HomePlug AV-enabled device.
1. What do the LEDs on the front panel of PLE300 indicate?
- HomePlug Simple Connect button - This configures the advanced security settings for your Powerline network.
- Power (Blue) - The Power LED lights up green when the PLE300 is powered ON.
- Ethernet (Blue) - The Ethernet LED lights up when the Powerline Adapter is connected to a network device through the Ethernet port. The LED flashes to indicate a network activity over that port.
- Powerline (Blue) - The Powerline LED lights up when the Powerline Adapter is connected to the Powerline network through the Power port. The LED flashes to indicate a network activity over that port.
2. What are the functions of the ports on the front panel of PLE300?
- Ethernet - The Ethernet port connects to an Ethernet network device, such as a router or computer.
- Reset - To restore the factory default settings (including the advanced security setting, Network Password), press and hold the Reset button for three seconds.
- Power - The Power port connects to the Powerline end of the power cord.
1. What should I do when none of the LEDs light up after I installed the Powerline AV Adapter?
To resolve the issue, follow these steps:
Disconnect the Ethernet cable from the Powerline Adapter.
Disconnect the power cord from the Powerline Adapter and wait for five seconds.
Reconnect the Ethernet cable to the Powerline Adapter.
If this solution does not work, make sure the electrical outlet is working properly. Plug a different device into the outlet, and try to power it ON.
2. What should I do when the Ethernet LED does not light up on the Powerline Adapter?
When the Ethernet port detects a local network connection, the Ethernet LED will light up. Follow the steps below on how to troubleshoot if the Ethernet LED does not light up:
Make sure the Ethernet cable is properly connected to the Adapter.
Make sure the Ethernet cable is properly connected to the computer or other network device.
Check the Ethernet adapter installed on your computer to see if it is working properly. To know how, click here.
3. What should I do if I cannot connect to the other computers on my Powerline network or to the Internet?
If you did not set up advanced security for the Powerline network, follow these instructions:
Check the Powerline Adapter connected to the computer you are using.
On the back panel, press and hold the Reset button for three seconds.
NOTE: This resets the adapter to its factory default settings.
Make sure that the IP address and TCP/IP setting are set up correctly for all of the Powerline-networked computers.
If you have set up advanced security for the Powerline network, make sure all Adapters on the Powerline network have been configured with the same Network Password.
NOTE: The Network Password must be identical in order for them to communicate with each other.
1. What is the transfer rate of the PLE300?
The transfer rate is 200 Mbps at the physical layer.
2. Does PLTS200 have a web-based setup page?
No, it only has Windows-based utility interface.
3. Does PLE300 support TCP/IP for standard routers?
4. What is the internal power supply being used by the PLE300?
The internal power supply used is 100-240V AC/ 50-60Hz.
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.