Cisco powers next generation wireless home entertainment with the new Linksys E4200
Cisco powers next generation wireless home entertainment
with the new Linksys E4200
Stylish dual-band wireless router delivers the speed and range for optimal HD streaming
24 February 2011 – Cisco introduces the Linksys E4200, the latest and most advanced member of the Linksys E-series family offering network speeds of up to 450Mbps and a new innovative design. It's ideal for home entertainment – delivering the power you need for HD video streaming and connects all network devices in the home including laptops, smartphones, iPads, internet enabled TVs, Blu-ray players and game consoles.
Thanks to the SpeedBoost technology this superior performance is made available throughout the entire home. The Linksys E4200 is equipped with industry leading 3 x 3 antenna technology delivering up to 450Mbps on the 5GHz radio band, SpeedBoost amplifiers that are designed to provide additional range and MIMO technology that uses walls to amplify the signal.
The Linksys E4200 blends seamlessly into the living room next to the home entertainment system. Designed by the Cisco Consumer design team in Denmark and California– it is not only a very powerful router, it is good looking too.
As with all –E-series models the Linksys E4200 comes with Cisco Connect software enabling consumers to set-up their new device in three easy steps and simply manage their wireless network.
Jens Hofmeister, Director Product Management, at Cisco Consumer said: “There has been a shift in the way people use the internet. It has changed from being a source of information to a portal for entertainment. People want to be connected at all times via their iPads, internet enable TV, Blu-ray players, game consoles and smartphones to stream, store and share vast amounts of media. In response to this, Cisco has drawn on its innovation heritage to equip consumers with the right tools to enjoy a better wireless entertainment experience.”
To further enhance the wireless entertainment experience, the Linksys E4200 is equipped with a USB port that allows consumers to connect USB devices like external hard drives directly to the router so they can be shared wirelessly. Consumers can then stream their favourite HD movies and music from the storage device to tablet PCs, laptops or connected TVs.
- Maximum performance up to 300 Mbps (2.4) and up to 450 Mbps (5.0 GHz)*
- Simultaneous Dual Band (2.4 and 5.0 GHz)
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet WAN port
- 6 antennas for maximum range
- Amplifier for maximum speed at extended range for greater in-home mobility
- 3X3 MIMO spatial streaming configuration on the 5.0 Ghz band for ideal performance for streaming HD videos, gaming and voice calls
- Prioritization of video and voice traffic over all other to deliver better performance for high demand traffic (QoS).
- Advanced security: WPA and WPA2 and SPI Firewall
- Plans to support IPV6 in spring 2011 through a free firmware upgrade
- USB port for easily adding storage devices that can then be accessed wirelessly, perfect for setting up your personal media server.
- Integrated FTP and UPNP media server functionality The LAN portLED lights can also be disabled to allow for a calmer environment.
- Connects to your DSL or Cable modem
- Cisco Connect Software:
- Advanced security: WPA and WPA2 and SPI Firewall
- Set-up in three easy steps
- Broadband Speed Meter
- Easily add new devices
- Parental controls
- Guest access
- Optional advanced settings.
- Regular automated update checks to the firmware / software
- Works with both Windows and Mac computers
Pricing and Availability:
The Linksys E4200 Maximum Performance Dual-Band Wireless-N Router is available early April 2011 an RRP of £169 at http://www.Amazon.co.uk , http://www.EBuyer.co.uk and http://www.PCWorld.co.uk
For more information about Linksys, please visit: http://www.linksysbycisco.com/UK/en/home
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Cisco’s vision for the consumer is to enable people to live a connected life that is more personal, more social, and more visual. Further information about Cisco and its full line of consumer products including Linksys, and Flip Video can be found at www.linksysbycisco.com, www.theflip.com, and www.cisco.com/consumer.
# # #
*The maximum performance for wireless is derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual performance can vary, including lower wireless network capacity, data throughput rate, range and coverage. Performance depends on many factors, conditions and variables, including distance from the access point, volume of network traffic, environment building materials and construction, operating system used, mix of wireless products used, interference and other adverse conditions.
Cisco, the Cisco Logo, Flip Video, Linksys, and Valet are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.