Resetting the Linksys WRT32X AC3200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Gaming Router with Killer Prioritization Engine changes back the router to its factory defaults. All of the customized settings of the router (network name, wireless security, etc.) will be erased and the router’s IP address will be reverted back to 192.168.1.1, with a default password of “admin” and no username. This article will teach you how to reset the Linksys WRT32X to its factory settings.
The following scenarios may be applicable for router reset but not limited:
- Reinstalling the router after an unsuccessful attempt of using the Setup wizard.
- Unable to access the router’s web interface due to a forgotten or lost password.
- After performing firmware upgrade and still unable to access the internet.
- Re-configuring the router's internet connection after experiencing a power outage.
- If your client devices cannot obtain a valid IP address from the router.
- If the Power light is blinking.
Locate the Reset button at the back of your router. Using a pen or a paper clip, press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds.
NOTE: The Power link light may begin to blink BEFORE the 10 second mark, make sure to keep holding the reset button for a full 10 seconds.
Wait for the Power LED to become solid.
Once you have successfully reset your router, you will need to reconfigure the router settings. For instructions on setting up the Linksys WRT32X, click here.
Checking and updating the firmware of the Linksys WRT32X
Status light behaviour of the Linksys WRT32X
Changing the Linksys WRT32X admin password
What is the Linksys WRT32X's Killer Prioritization Engine (VIDEO)
Changing the Wi-Fi Settings of the Linksys WRT32X (VIDEO)
Changing the Linksys WRT32X admin password (VIDEO)
Setting up the Linksys WRT32X (VIDEO)
How to manually configure Internet settings of the Linksys WRT32X (VIDEO)
Checking and updating the firmware of the Linksys WRT32X (VIDEO)
Checking the Wan IP Address of the Linksys WRT32X (VIDEO)