Before you begin:
- You must have a WiFi device like a computer, tablet or mobile device, or a computer with an ethernet connection to begin setup.
- Take note of the default WiFi name and password of your Linksys EasyMesh router located on the label at the bottom part of the router. The WiFi password is case-sensitive.
- Power ON your modem and connect an ethernet cable from the modem to the internet port of the Linksys EasyMesh router. Wait until the power light is solid blue. If you are replacing an existing router, make sure to disconnect, turn OFF, and remove the old one.
- EasyMesh tips:
- The EasyMesh feature is automatically enabled when you run and complete the setup wizard.
- A parent node is the router connected to the modem.
- A child node is another EasyMesh node that will be used to extend your WiFi.
- If you plan to add EasyMesh child nodes to extend your WiFi, you can turn ON the EasyMesh feature. Otherwise, leave it turned OFF.
Connect to the default WiFi name of the router. The default WiFi names are Linksysxxxxx and Linksysxxxxx_5GHz where xxxxx represents the last five digits of the serial number. The WiFi credentials are located on the bottom of the router.
NOTE: If you need to set up the router using a hardwired computer, connect your computer to one of the ethernet ports at the back of the router.
Open a browser and type in "https://myrouter.local" for macOS® or "https://myrouter" for Windows®. You may also type "https://192.168.1.1" in the Address bar then press [Enter].
NOTE: For Linksys E8450, enter https://10.0.0.1 if connected to an existing network.
Click on the I have read and accept the License Terms for using this software radio button. Then, click Next to proceed.
Enter your new 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Network Names and Passwords.
NOTE: You can use the same Network Name and Password for both bands.
Create a Router Password and click Next. You can use this password to log in to the router’s web interface and update its settings.
Review your new settings, then click Next.
Connectto your new WiFi name to continue the setup. Use the credentials provided on the screen to reconnect.
If you are adding another node to extend your network, click Yes. Otherwise, click on No I’m done.
Enter an Email Address to register your router and click Next.
Make sure to check the Automatic updates checkbox and click on Next.
Click Check Firmware to see if there is an available firmware and proceed with the update or click Done.
Once everything is finished, click Done.
You have now successfully set up the Linksys E8450. If you want to add EasyMesh child nodes later, you can add them using the Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) button or through the web interface. For instructions, click here.
NOTE: If you will not add Linksys EasyMesh child nodes to extend your WiFi, it is recommended to turn OFF the EasyMesh feature on the WiFi settings page. To know more, click here.